Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

highlighting advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Van View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: highlighting advice
    Posted: July 28 2001 at 11:49pm
here is the deal...since i was 12 or so, i have dyed my hair. i am one of the lucky ones who`s hair doesnt get damaged when dying it. i know that might sound weird, but my hair has always been soft and shiney no matter what i have done to it. well now im 20, and i still dye my hair, except since my hair is short, most of my normal color has come back in. when i first started dying it, i had dark blonde hair, and whenever it grows back in now, it grows in darker then the time before, so now its dark brown...so dont let anyone tell you the myth about it growing back in darker is untrue b/c its true ....least with me lol. so a couple months ago, i bought a feria highlighting kit, in a light brown, i cant remember the color name, but it was light brown. my hair at the time was dyed honey blonde, with brown undergrowth. i highlighted streaks into the blonde, and since the hair color was light brown, the highlighted parts came out copper and i loved it!!! so it looked like i had brown hair with copper and blonde highlights, and it looked really good. well the highlights have faded, and most of my natural color back, but i want to achieve that look of the brown hair with copper/blonde highlights again. so i am wondering how am i gonna do this??!?!? i figure my best bet might be dying my hair all a copper brown color (i dont like my natural brown color) and then waiting a week or 2 and doing blonde streaks. like i said, i am not concerned about the damage, b/c it doesnt damage my hair. my hair is 3-5 inches on top, and 1 to 2 inches in the back. i have blue/green eyes, and the copper/blonde look really brings out my eyes, and i have always done my make up with purple eyeliner, and white shawdow, and blue mascara...trust me, i look a lot more normal then it sounds lol. and all of this together makes my eyes look really cool. my eye color is good, but my eyes arent that big, and the copper brings out the blue green in them, along with the blonde setting it off, then you add the purple/white/blue around the eyes, and they stand out beautifully. any advice would be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic