Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wavy and Puffy to Straight Theory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alex R. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wavy and Puffy to Straight Theory
    Posted: March 24 2007 at 9:31am
i was just thinking back to when i was younger. i had really straight hair, but then somehow it got wavy, puffy and a bit curly. i thought that it was because it ddnt comb my hair for like a whole year in my last year of primary school, but somehow i doubt it.

anyway i was wondering if it would be possible for me to somehow get my straight hair back again and i thought of shampoo. now from what ive heard if people stop using shampoo for like more than a week their hair becomes oily and aint that why hair becomes wavy and puffy: because there is not enough oil in the hair? so if i wash my hair every night and it becomes really dry then surely my hairs oil production will go sky high, because its trying to balance out the dryness, and my hair will get its oil needs and eventually become straight again after some time?

just a thought, dont think that it would work but man am i desperate to have naturally straight hair again like the good ol days :P
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 5:36pm
Sorry to tell you, but I don't think your hair will go back straight naturally.  Sounds like puberty changed the texture, the same as it did mine.  I know other people who had the same thing happen.  It's not anything you did to cause it.  The best advice I can give you is to accept it and embrace it, make it look its best as it is!  The dryer it is, the more frizzy and puffy it will be, and the worse it will look.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
PlutoPowered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlutoPowered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2007 at 8:23am
Originally posted by hairbraider hairbraider wrote:

Sorry to tell you, but I don't think your hair will go back straight naturally.  Sounds like puberty changed the texture, the same as it did mine.  I know other people who had the same thing happen.  It's not anything you did to cause it.  The best advice I can give you is to accept it and embrace it, make it look its best as it is!  The dryer it is, the more frizzy and puffy it will be, and the worse it will look.

+1

OP:  My hair was straight and blond until puberty and then it started to get darker and wavy.  Once I reached my  20's, my hair was dark and VERY culy.  From 25 to 35, it relaxed quite a bit and now it is thinner and just wavy.  Now I miss my curly hair!

To repeat what hairbraider said, I would also suggest learning how to work with what you've got.  Everyone wants what they don't have.
blueorca84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueorca84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2007 at 1:56pm
yep, the same exact thing happened to me.  i used to have perfectly smooth, straight hair that turned a lot darker and wavy... and now it's curly!  embrace the change :]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic