Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dreadlocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreadlocks
    Posted: March 30 2007 at 1:55pm
Yow,  wahgwan, ive got a quick question...

I am ready to dreadlock my hair. but as of now, my hair is low, im planning to grow out my hair to about 1 inches -1.5 or so, and then get braid extensions... my question is... will my extentions lock off into dread locks after a while? and if so is this a common method for the people them who dont want 2 wait months and months of growing out their natural hair?
locsoflife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote locsoflife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 12:57pm
Hi Yaga, I started my locs w/braids, then braided H.H extentions over them. No, the extentions did not lock. I re-did them evey two weeks, when I washed and thightend my locs.  My hair is now fully locked and past my sholders. 3 years old!  If you need more info, email me at sondrasimmons@comcast.net.  I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.  Peace, Sondra.
“My hair is not dreadful to me. I tell my children curly hair loves itself so much it hugs itself and you have to tear it apart. That is why I call our hair ‘love’ locks.”

Tassili Maat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic