Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a hairdresser making you look 40 to 50 years older
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a hairdresser making you look 40 to 50 years older

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ragdollragdoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragdollragdoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a hairdresser making you look 40 to 50 years older
    Posted: March 31 2007 at 11:04am
I am in a dilemna I want my hair cut to tips of my shoulder from having long hair. She cut it to my ears. I am only 41 years old. My neighbors asked me when am I going to sign up for the senior citizens. I am not very happy at all with the cut. It makes me  look like I am 81 or 91 years old. I always hated short hair and I will never go shorter than my tips of the shoulders. I always  known I will look alot older than what I am with short hair. Not only she did my hair that way she did my mom the same way and it also looks like my mom is 103 years old. She is only 67 years old. She also hates short hair. I am tempted to  write an nasty note to the hair salon were we had it done. I will like to know what to do.  My mom and I refused to go back. We both have natural  thick curly hair. She also hated this cut. I been telling people who need a haircut to not go to this salon .I tell them to go to someone else who will understand there hair.

Edited by ragdollragdoll - March 31 2007 at 2:34pm
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 2:29pm
I'm so sorry this has happened to you!  I've heard countless such horror stories about salon haircuts.  I'm afraid the only thing you can do now is wait for it to grow back. Unhappy  Did you make it clear to the stylist exactly where to cut it to?  If so, you should have refused to pay the stylist because she didn't do what you asked.  You're right not to go back there.  And warn others who might go there.  Notify the salon (politely) that you were extremely unhappy with your haircut and explain why.  Tell them that you will never return to their salon, and that you're going to tell everyone you know not to go there too.

For future reference, alot of women prefer to have their hair cut dry.  Wet hair stretches and looks longer, but it shrinks as it dries.  Maybe you should request a dry trim so you and the stylist will know the exact finished length.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic