Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

working out how to cope with hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 11:38am
I was looking at the pictures after you brushed it out. You have a lot of waves in your hair! It looks like you could bring out quite a few curls if you tried (and didn't brush it).
Sarsvati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarsvati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 1:49pm
I gotta say, I hardly see any frizz around your face, it's almost all on the length ( which is to be expected when you brush curly hair so I wouldn't worry). Your hair looks very nice and healthy all the way to the tips. and it looks like you have just enough volume around the face to make it look like you have hair with body, but not so its overpowering. I'd kill for a little volume around my face! I think that frizz halo around your head it all in your mind (I've seen them, and you don't have one). A few hairs are to be expected since you always have new growth, and they look just fine; barely noticable. Stop being so critical of yourself! Your hair looks great and you don't have a bunch of frizz around your head! Smile
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 10:05pm
Ok, your hair is very shiny which is a good sign of healthy hair!  I suggest not brushing.  Comb (or brush gently if you feel the need) before washing your hair.  After washing, towel-dry and let it alone.  You'll probably see actual curls this way instead of just waves or frizz.  If you let your hair curl, the "halo" will actually blend in more and won't be noticed.  I've been there.  I used to try to slick down the top of my hair and gel it/mousse it/spray it.... whatever..... to keep those little hairs from sticking up and out.  It drove me crazy!  I don't even part my hair anymore.  I just let it curl and fall as it pleases.  It saves me a ton of effort and worry (and alot of money on products).  And it looks so much better and I get way more compliments.  So that's an idea you might try out and see if it works for you.  Smile
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2007 at 7:09pm
Thanks everyone for all the wonderful advice i really appreciate it!, i guess in my mind curly hair always looks damadged to me probably because it doesnt fall neatly, im going to try my best to make it as healthy as possible with some flat ironing in between im going to slowly let go of it though and i still have to try out that rinse for clarifying, im going to start doing the conditioner only thing and i need to figure out a good oil to use on my hair, olive, jojoba, rosemary etc. anyone know which is best? thank you again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic