Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Really Short Hair ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 9:58am
Originally posted by mikecuts mikecuts wrote:

Leadfoot.
I agree,as a stylist its all in the cut. You could have the hair texture for the cut but if movment is cut into the style wrong you will never be able to achieve that look. You should be able to get the look without loading up the hair with all types of condiments. I agree that some needs to be used but never enough that makes your hair look fake. and stiff as a board. Search for a great stylist and ask many, many questions. If you see someone with a style ask where they got the cut done. Sometimes you could get the best cut form a young stylist out of school and know many new methods. I have not been in this forum for a while but I am sure you could find your answers to many questions here. 
Mike  

Mike, I TOTALLY agree with everything you've said.

I have talked in length with my new stylist about the cut, and have showed her 2 pictures of the cut (one from the front and one from the side).  She basically said everything I want to hear - that I have the hair and face for it, that it would suit me well, that she's done cuts like this before, etc.  She's in no way pushy about it and says we'll do it when I'm ready. 

I think she does good hair, and has many years of experience doing so.  It's just that fear that it won't turn out perfect, which when you take in 2 pictures to a stylist and pay good money for a cut, in my opinion it should. 

I honestly don't know squat about styling short hair, but like you said, I would hope that I could achieve the look without my hair looking stiff and plastered.

Anyway, I just need to figure out if I want this cut bad enough to take the risk.  Only I can answer that, and I'm not doing so well with that! LOL Ermm 
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 8:00pm
True very true. I am glad to hear that you don't have a pusshy stylist that just wants to cut hair short. Yes when your ready. Its a big move. When I do major cuts I like the person to be in a good mood and realy want the cut. Most of the times I let them cut some of the length. I had one last week that went from a shoulder length bob and I let her cut her own bangs. She loved having something to do with the cut. When your ready
you will know.Thumbs%20Up
Mike
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 9:40am

Styling often seems to be the issue when making major changes.  Many girls make huge changes in length and style only to go home and style their hair pretty much the same way they always have..  Mostly because it the only thing they know. 

Any good stylist will teach you how to style your new look but you will have to ask.  Too often they think you have the same skills they do. 

I do know most of the bobs that are so hot right now require blow drying with fat round brushes and straighting with flat irons, even if you have straight hair.  Many people are not skilled or prepared to do that type of styling.

Just my thoughts...

mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 8:55pm
Not only that. But my wife cannot style hers as well as I could hers. alot only do the front top and sides. Thats the way a mullet I think came about. they dont need to worry about the back just let it hang. Good observation  Hal
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic