Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First Edge up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
importdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote importdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Edge up
    Posted: April 21 2007 at 8:13pm
Hey guys I was wanting to get a new haircut and I wanted to get an edge up like all my indian/asian cousins I would ask them how they get theres done but they live in another state and they are to busy with college. Anyways I was trying to get some input on how I should get it done since its my first edge up. I was wondering what a full edge up is? Is it just like the outlining of the hair just short and crisp w/ narrow side burns please help. I'm looking to spike my hair too I usually keep it down but I'm going to spike my hair again now and I usually get a fade. I dont want to look stupid and I say the wrong thing at the barbershop should I say I want a fade w/ an edge up or are they both 2 different things I also usually get a #3 on my hair I like it short but not too short.

Thanks please reply a.s.a.p...Smile
philipinokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philipinokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 2:48pm
alright since you want to spike your hair, you want a LOW tape up, dont forgot to say low tape up or your going to get the wrong one and make sure you tell the barber you plan on spiking it up. forget ne of these things and you will most likely get the wrong kind of haircut for spiking your hair up and it wont look good. now lets move on to the right kind hair product for spiking your hair with i recommend ICE Spiker Water Resistant Styling Glue.
philipinokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philipinokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 2:49pm
also!! dont forget you always want a scissor cut on top never a buzzer, if he says let me do the buzzer he doesnt know how to give the proper low tape up for spiking your hair
pauli2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauli2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 10:52am
go to a black barbershop and ask for a "booty". Full edge up, but with a bit of fluffiness in the back so you can spike it up a bit. It'll hurt though, cause they'll brush your hair as if it were African American hair. You might bleed a little... =\ But after a while you'll get used to it. A few of my friends have it, asian too. I think it looks pretty good.

Edited by pauli2 - July 27 2007 at 10:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic