Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Think I came up with a new do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Think I came up with a new do
    Posted: April 25 2007 at 7:07am
I think this is kind of new, I don't remember seeing it anywhere else at least (not that I looked really hard, and except for, like I said on the page, it reminds me a little of the do Janeway wore in her long haired years of star trek voyager). 

You have all seen this styles page before, but the new do is the picture on the upper left corner:  http://www.geocities.com/thespookstress/frenchtwistlonger.html
I was about to go out and do yardwork, so just threw my hair up like this and was surprised when I looked at it how interesting it came out!

It was very easy to do, and it was comfortable and held up all day when I wore it to work later.  If my instructions on how to do it aren't clear on the page, just ask.

Enjoy!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 4:16pm
That's very pretty!  Thanks for sharing.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 8:53pm
yes, I agree its very pretty . Thumbs%20Up
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 11:43am
That is a "twist" on a twist. It looks great!
(I'll have to try it ;-)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2007 at 7:05am
Thank you all!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 9:29pm
Looks beautiful, but I can never get those sticks to hold my hair up.  I think its too heavy?
Jen, (1a/f/ii)
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2007 at 2:37pm
      Big%20smile That first photo looks like a tornado! It's stunning. I love all your styles here, and that's saying something for a guy who *hated* buns into his 20's. It's funny, my love for length has remained constant, but now I appreciate long locks in all their manifestations. Thanks for another treat, Susan. Hugs, Bob
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 7:00am
Thanks Bob!  I'm not such a fan of the undecorated "regular bun" either, that's why I like to use sticks or fancy buns to make them look more stylish.  I'm glad to know a man appreciates them too!

gypsydoll:  I've never had hair as long or thick as yours, so I don't know!  I couldn't get sticks to work for me at first, but it was because of the way I was using them.  Have you played with them a lot to see if you could find something that worked? 

When I twist up a bun, I use the first coil as the outer ring and put all the rest of the hair under it, then put the stick through the outer edge of the outer coil, to the scalp, then out the outer edge of the other side of the same coil.  This makes it use the outer coil as a holder for all the hair underneath, and it had to be twisted kind of tight or it will unravel (doesn't have to pull your hair out, just not be loose). 

Even if you can't get sticks to hold up your hair alone, you can still use them for chinese buns or other such styles that use other accessories to help with the hold.  The upper left style I did with the stick has an elastic at the base of the top bun, a few bobby pins, and the stick is mainly used as an extra bobby pin, and as a winding wheel for the bottom part of the hair.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 8:55pm
Susan, all of the hairstyles you've shown on that page look great! Thumbs%20Up
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2007 at 6:50am
Thanks Dave, and great new avatar!

(I mean signature!)

Edited by Susan W - May 10 2007 at 6:50am
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 5:48pm
You're welcome, Susan.  I've got another one of those coming up soon, too (avatar, that is). Big%20smile
m.y.o.b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.y.o.b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2007 at 1:34pm
thats really pretty, I can't wait till my hair is long enough to do that.
m.y.o.b
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic