Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Boundless Tresses Users?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 1:05pm
Damn I guess not.............................Thumbs%20Down
Abimbola Olurin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abimbola Olurin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 9:48am
Originally posted by taggi taggi wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Can I use Sulfur from the Chemistry lab?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Are you serious!?!

Is this like, ask a ridiculous question dayStern%20Smile

If you're really asking this question, you need to ask what the hell it is that would make you go to these extremes for hair growth.

I don't know how many times I can stress this! We do not need to be going crazy with hair growth methods, this world tells you you need long hair to be beuatiful, and this life is much more important than thatWink

I don't mean to rant, but COME ON! Even in school they say not to smell,taste, or get any of the stuff in chemistry labs on your skin.

Its not that hard, don't lose your natural ability to THINK because of growing hairmonkey

Can a Sistah get a Amen?!?!!?

My lab professor said that it's the same thing as the powder being bought on ebay and that sulfur is a benign element. Which is why it would be fine for hair growth and repairing cells. So, no, it was not  a ridiculous question. You get no Amen for that answer.

taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 4:39pm
Well I didnt mean to be rude, its just a little extreme to take things out of a chemistry lab and actually consider using them outside ofthe lab.

I guess i was just taught differently when it comes to the science lab.

AW WELL, different folks different strokesEmbarrassed
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 11:17am
Yea I was going to say that it is probably the same stuff that can be ordered through a pharmist....have you made your own sulfur oil yet?

Originally posted by Abimbola Olurin Abimbola Olurin wrote:

Can I use Sulfur from the Chemistry lab?
Hair album
pw:Romeo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abimbola Olurin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 11:24am
No hard feelings Taggi. It's no big deal Smile

Hi blackhoney. Yes I have. I used Jojoba oil, Coconut oil, Olive  oil, Grapeseed oil, a few drops of tea tree and a couple drops of lavender. It smells pretty nice and my hair feels really soft with it.
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 10:15am
That sounds like a great mix....I bought grapeseed oil years ago and still haven't used it! Maybe I will have to work it into my hair routine
Hair album
pw:Romeo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abimbola Olurin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 10:22am
I'm just starting this whole hair thing. I was wandering if I can use the sulphur oil everyday or if I should use it every other day or something? I don't know because I only wash my hair every three or four weeks or so. 

Edited by Abimbola Olurin - June 03 2008 at 10:22am
missprincess011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missprincess011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2008 at 6:40pm

Hi Everyone

Im New to this ForumSmile
Im consindering making my own sulphur mix.
How is it Going for those of you that are making your own Mix?
black beauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 1:29pm
Hi Ladies, im totally new to this. i discovered this forum about 4 weeks ago when i discovered that my edges were practically gone! now, i'm totally hooked and obsessed.

here's the thing, i starting using MTG about 4 weeks ago ... my edges are amazing. i'm in shock at how quickly its thickened up .. however, no luck on my bald patch  as of yet. for that i'm getting cortisone shots from dermatologist every 4 weeks - in that one spot.

anyways, just wanted to give my 2 cents ... by the way, MTG is totally freaking me out (becuase it is used for horses) so i'm switching to  WGO.  however, all of this is stuff is way too oily for me. i'm tired of changing my pillow cases ... i'll never get a man to sleep over with this hair regimen :)
No one can make you inferior without your consent (Eleanor Roosevelt)
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2008 at 5:09am
Ambimolia-- I would recommend every other day.  Also, sulfur removes color from hair, thus some ladies report having a few grey strands here and there.

Blackbeauty--As for MTG, it does work.  However, perhaps you are applying too much if you if you are changing your pillow cases often.  Also, it has been debated, discussed, and argued about MTG.  Even several ladies have emailed the owner of Shapley and inquired about MTG for human use back in all the hooplah about using a "horse product" on your hair.  

If you go to Shapleys.com you can see it. It has done human trials and derm tested.   The response states the history of MTG, originally made for humans, then marketed towards horses which it was found to also work well on, and that she had in recent years received so much correspondence from people having used it on themselves and gotten such great results. And she goes on to list the ingredients to show its all natural ingredients and it safe for both animals and humans to use. She mentions lastly in the email that they are working on a line specifically for human use --later to be the SULU one which actually their SULU GRO MAX.
SULU GRO MAX is for those who cannot take the smell of the originally MTG.

The end result the main ingredient is sulphur.  BHM women started making their own with carrier oils, sulphur and essential oils...hence came Boundless Tresses, Claudie's Elixir, Lenzi's Request and if you do a search on the forum some members posted their own concoctions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2008 at 11:32am
Hey mslady ... thanks so much for the info ... i really appreciate it. i think i'm going to make my own sulfur oil as well (i'm thinking Emu and sulfur) but im waiting to run out of this other stuff. 

oh yeah, got my hair was and set yesterday by the dominicans ... i have to admit that i've grown at least  an 1 inch in a month with MTG... too darn bad it smells like bacon. everytime i put that thing on (1x week), my son asks me what am i cooking!  oh well, i'm at 2" pass shoulder trying to get to arm pit.. need 3-6 inches ...  wish me luck ladies!
PrincessB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 5:05pm

I just started using the SULU MAX GRO and my husband and daughter both agree that it stinks to high heaven! Thumbs%20Down  Is there anything I can to to lessen the stink???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 5:14pm

Although i've been getting some extra growth. I'm still not sure if i'm using it correctly.  Am i suppose to put the MTG or Sulu (or whatever i'm using this week) :) on at night 1-2x a week and then wash it out in the morning. Or am i suppose to walk around with it allweek? just curious. also how is everyone else using it. just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing.

rredlocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rredlocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2008 at 11:33am
I've used Boundless Tresses for 2 yrs and it is the business.  I cut off 4yr locs and decided to get a perm after 1yr with braids.  I have grown my hair out to 3 in from BSL.  My hair is beautiful I must say.  I will have to post some pics.
rredlocs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic