Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shear Genius

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shear Genius
    Posted: April 26 2007 at 9:17pm

Can't believe nobody has posted on this one yet.  New show on Bravo

http://www.bravotv.com/Shear_Genius

Reality show where stylists compete.  Last two episodes have been great.  New shows are on Wednesdays at 10/9c; repeats all the time.

The show was the "Short Hair Challenge" where they had to mimic the "Sally Shag" (the haircut that Sally Hershberger did on Meg Ryan years ago) on a manequin and then they did the "Long to Short Challenge" on live hair models but they had to use special tools, no typical haircutting scissors; some of the emplements they had to chose from where wire cutters, box cutters, kids 2nd grade scissors, pinking shears, and one stylist had to use hedge trimmers.

It's really a good show.  Jacqueline Smith is the host and she's still looking awesome.
HAWG
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 4:40am
Wow I hope they show this in the UK.

Cool Very Cool

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 1:18pm
It is a pretty good show.  The different cutting utensils was a bit over the top but entertaining.  I guess they have to come up with different "gimmicks" to keep it interesting (for the non-hair enthusiasts)
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 10:02pm
Here are some links to the 3rd episode just to give you an idea of how the show goes

Edited by HAWG - May 08 2007 at 10:06pm
HAWG
BlondeNess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeNess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 3:06pm
I love this show... its great... just like a hairdresser version of Project Runway! I love seeing all the challenges :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic