Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

almost random question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dacrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dacrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: almost random question
    Posted: April 29 2007 at 10:14am
Hello, I will be needing some layering and styling sometime during the summer but I'm thinking ahead. Previously I've always had long hair, and whenever I would need a trim my mom would do it. (perhaps other asians can relate here). It would come outkinda weird.. The reason for this is because whenever I go to the hair place, its somebody who can't really speak english.

For example, last time I had long hair, (for a guy that is- about 4 inches all around), I brought a picture of my uncle to the haircutter because we have the same features, and I liked his hair when the pic was taken. (about my age). The haircutter who couldn't really speak english said that it wouldn't look good on me and promptly cut it way too short, and too long on the top/front. (nothing like the picture) Afterward she admitted she should have done it like the picture. I was pissed.

Was this just bad luck, or are there places where I can find english-speaking haircutters who will replicate a picture I bring in? (oh and I'm not being racist either since I'm chinese... these haircutters are chinese too. but I only speak english).

sorry .. I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to hair places since in the past I would just have my mom do it. Unfortunately, my mom doesn't know how to cut very well either, though she is good at adjusting and such.

Basically, my hair is around 1 and 3/4th inches in the front and top, and around an inch on the side/back. I'm growing it out, so obviously in 3 or 4 months I'll need it layered. I have pictures from those asian hair sites, but I don't know which haircutters I can trust to do it right. Any ideas?

(if by chance someone else lives in OC, california, you might know a place. Thanks a lot!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic