Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm trying new products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm trying new products
    Posted: April 29 2007 at 10:33pm
Yesterday I went to the health food store and found an organic shampoo and conditioner made by Mill Creek.  I haven't heard about them before.  I was hoping that the store would have Aubrey Organics, but they don't carry it evidently.  I needed some more conditioner like now, so I decided to try the Mill Creek products.  The shampoo has no SLS which is new for me (except for castile that I use occasionally) and aloe vera is the second ingredient after water.  Man, it's tough paying $6 for 16 ounces when I'm used to paying $3 for 32 ounces!  But I just got a job, so it doesn't hurt quite so bad as it did. Wink

Has anyone ever used Mill Creek products?  I'll check back in a few weeks to let everyone know if it works for me.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 6:59am
I haven't tried Mill Creek, but I know what you mean about paying over 6 bucks for shampoo!  That was one reason I sort of quit using the organic stuff...but I probably will go back to it for the conditioners.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2007 at 1:50pm

So I've used this a couple times now and it seems that the shampoo leaves my hair a bit greasy.  Is this normal for SLS-free shampoos?  The second time, I used a tiny bit of regular shampoo in my front hairline area to keep my bangs from looking greasy.

The conditioner is good, but very thick.  I was thinking of putting half of it in another bottle and mixing some water in to thin it down.  I like it, but I think I like Naturade Aloe Vera 80 better.
sarah
40 inches
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 7:06am
My Avalon (I have all the old stuff that didn't have cones in it back then) doesn't have sulfates or leave my hair greasy.  Do you mean its too strong and your own scalp oils make it greasy sooner, or that the shampoo itself leaves a greasy residue?  It would sound strange for it to leave a residue, but some of my sulfate free ones are very concentrated and can be drying, so I could see that making your scalp overcompensate if you didn't dilute.  Thanks for sharing how new products worked for you!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 10:35pm
It was like it left a greasy residue, like maybe it didn't clean my hair and scalp well enough to get the built-up oils off.  The next few times I've used it, it hasn't really done that though.  Maybe my scalp just needed to adjust.

I do like the Aloe Vera 80 conditioner much better.  The Mill Creek conditioner makes my hair feel good, but it doesn't give enough slip to be able to safely detangle in the shower.
sarah
40 inches
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 7:05am
Thanks for the tip, I will have to look into Aloe vera 80 then.  None of my no-cone conditioners really give my hair any slip.  I didn't think it was possible to get it from no-cones, I just resign myself to updos when I don't use cones!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 5:07pm
You're welcome.  I never use -cone conditioners if I can keep from it. Smile
sarah
40 inches
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic