Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I go back to my light highlights?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gretal78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gretal78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I go back to my light highlights?
    Posted: May 03 2007 at 11:08am
I usually have very light highlights (plat. almost) but on my last visit to my hairdresser (who has been the same one I have been using for years) we must have had a misunderstanding (there is a slight language barrier) and she colored all my hair with what she told me was a 12? and did highlights.  (which I did not realize she was doing until it was already done) now my highlights are alot darker and my regular hair is very brassy(orange). I am not happy with it. Will this be hard to fix? When i commented about the orange tones she said they should calm down in a couple of weeks, but it has been almost two weeks and and they have not.  it also seems like my highlights have darkened. I am really not happy with it. Also, I added a toner a couple of days ago to calm it down some. Will this effect its ability to lighten? Should I talk to my hairdresser about my color or just go somewhere else to fix? Will it be hard to fix? Thanks
meowza2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meowza2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2007 at 12:21am
I went to some colorist who pretended to know more than she did. If I were you, I'd find another person that can get it right. I found out that going back to a person that didn't get it right the first time is usually a waste of my time & money. 
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2007 at 6:54am
I think, if she has pleased you in the past I would go back.  She should redo it for free and you know she knows how.  You are always taking a chance with a new person.  Do they have the skill and do they really understand what you want?
gretal78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gretal78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2007 at 8:51am
Thanks Hal!.  I think you are right.. I am going to call her this morning.  She has been really the best stylist I have found, and if she can not fix it, she will tell me.  She has always been good about telling what she can not do to my hair.  Like when I went in to get it all bleached and she refused.. lol.  I think my biggest hesitation is that I feel bad asking her to redo it because I have really thick hair and when they do the highlights it takes atleast an hr and a half and ALOT of product.  But I paid $150 two wks ago and am not happy.  I can not afford to pay more already on my hair and do not know if they will ask me too or if she will be offended. 
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2007 at 9:33am
Think about how many times you have paid her and prob. tipped her too.  I would be like you, hate to go back and hurt her feeling or say you are not happy etc.  But in this case, she knew you were not happy when you left so she should not be supprised to hear from you!
gretal78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gretal78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2007 at 4:27pm
ok.. so i called her at 11:00 this morning and she told me to come in right then... She fixed it and it looks better than ever...  All that worrying for nothing.. Thanks guys!!

Edited by gretal78 - May 04 2007 at 4:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic