Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

protein treatments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LaRe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: protein treatments
    Posted: May 11 2007 at 9:19am
Hi, I'm new here and I've never tried a protein treatment... Can someone tell me a good protein treatment to get? Also, what do protein treatments do exactly?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2007 at 9:10pm
Protein treatments are designed to strenghten hair, and buffer damage. It penetrates the hair cutticle filling in holes and preventing breakage. They are not conditioners and are not designed to soften hair. After a protein treatment, hair feels rough and dry. Like straw. So a deep conditioner is in order after a protein treatment.

The best protein treatments are the ones with the right molecular weight. Usually cheap ones have molecules that are too big and they just sort of sit on the hair.
There are a few out there that are really good. Joico deep penetrating reconstructor is a great one and favorite amongs many stylists. Nexxus Emergencee is probably the most popular one. Expensive but worth it. Redken Deep Fuel is also very very good, and Sebastian 2+1 is awesome. Any of those would be great. I would probably start with Joico or Nexxus emergencee. Do protein treatments only once a month. Some people might need it twice a month. But no more than that. Too much protein will cause the oposite effect and cause hair breakage.

Well, hope that helps Good luck and great hair.
Shary
sarahj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 10:51pm
start with joico i agree
sjxoxoxoxo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic