Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mena Suvari has gone short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
who11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote who11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 12:45pm
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 8:06pm
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that she looks good bald. I'm not too into bald women but she carries it off as well as any and managers to really show off her strong features. What I think is really amazing is how totally crappy she looked with the short hair and how this seems to work for her. I don't expect her to keep it shaved but wonder a) why she kept going when short looked so bad initially and b) what the ideal short cut for her would be.

My guess at this point is that she had to shave her head for a role so went short for a while anyway to get used to it.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 9:24pm
I couldn't load that image either. Is there any significant change?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 9:32pm
Right. OK. Big change! Well...first of all she isn't bald, is she? Looks like a military crew cut. It could be for a role--or it might just be that she got so much bad feedback on the previous cut that she felt the need to do something drastic. Secondly, given that she's hiding behind big sunglasses in these pics, it's really difficult to give any kind of quality judgement. Still, it could hardly be worse than before.
buzzit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 12:26am
Why do people refer to Buzzed or really short hair as being bald..."bald"is to the skin. She still has hair on her head....and Yes I think its her best look yet!!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 6:36am
Might be premature to like it too much. Better to wait 'till we can get a good look (sans sunglasses).
daman123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 4:35pm
i agree with buzzit she looks sexy but was pretty with the crop lapart from the long blonde look
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 1:14pm
Wow, she actually looks pretty good with that cut.  Not many people could pull that off and I think she just might be able to.  I agree though that the sunglasses are deceiving so I'll have to see some new pictures of her with that style.  She also looks good with the long blond hair and side bangs.   
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 10:13pm
Faded Youth says she cut it for a movie

mena-shows-off-britney.jpg

Here's part of a synopsis of the book which Hemmingway didn't get to finish before his death:

In this posthumous Hemingway novel, David Bourne, a talented young author who has just published his second novel to much acclaim, is on an extended honeymoon with his bride Catherine traveling throughout various hot spots on the Mediterranean. They're American, of course, and to Hemingway the best way to be American is to spend as much time as possible in Europe. As the title implies, the setting of David and Catherine's romantic idyll is nothing short of paradise, a splendor of leisure, food, and drink -- and there is indeed a lot of drinking.

One day Catherine returns to the hotel where she and David are staying with her hair cut short as a boy's; this simple but suggestive act precipitates a flurry of homoerotic innuendoes that pervade the remainder of the novel. At Cannes they meet a beautiful European girl named Marita who is attracted -- sexually -- to both of them, as they are to her. She becomes their traveling companion and, with everybody's consent, makes love to Catherine and then to David, but not, I'm afraid, at the same time. If this menage a trois is supposed to represent the Fall, with Marita playing the role of the Serpent, it seems that Paradise is not yet lost.

HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 11:02pm
She did it for her art then. Sure hope the movie doesn't bomb.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic