Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need some hair color HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
isjocelyns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isjocelyns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need some hair color HELP!
    Posted: May 28 2007 at 10:16am
Hello!

Early in March I had my naturally medium, blonde hair professionally dyed with a semi-permanent to a red. Recently I wanted to go back to my natural hair color (the red just didn't want to wash out/fade out and I was getting blonde roots), so I used an ashy, medium blonde, semi-permanent box color to even the hair color out and minimize the red tones. After a couple weeks I decided it was too dark and not close enough to my natural color, so I went to the store and bought a box of Natural Match in Natural Medium Blonde, hoping that a permanent would lighten it up better. Since my hair finally appeared to be one uniform color, I didn't think it would be a problem, but the new hair growth at the roots (where the hair wasn't red) closely matches my natural hair color, while the rest of my hair is more of a strawberry blonde, which means I have this horrendous stripe effect at the top of my head! It's not noticeable in certain lights or if I wear my hair up, but after my trip to Florida it got even worse, and I am afraid that at my summer camp job it will become even more pronounced! What should I do!? Please help!

Thanks,
Jocelyn
stargazer026 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 2:27am
Get a highlighting kit or get a permanent ash blonde should tone down the red orange but dont put it on your roots till last 10-20 mins or so or get both and put the colour (make sure it is an ash tone) wait a day then use the highlighting kit

Edited by stargazer026 - May 29 2007 at 2:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic