Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Hair Is Type 2B/2C w/Dash of 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Hair Is Type 2B/2C w/Dash of 3
    Posted: May 29 2007 at 7:11am
Hey Carrie,

Thanks for taking the time to help us get this section of the HairTalk forum more organized and helpful to our many visitors.  We have had many requests to work on each of the major HairTalk forum sections and organize them better for easy viewing and talk.

My hair is Type 2 but it doesn't fall neatly into either the 2B or 2C exclusively.  Part of my hair is Type 2B which is the medium in texture and the rest is 2c although my hair is not as thick as it used to be when I was in my teens, it is definitely coarse.

The longer my hair grows, the harder it is for my waves to appear and when they do (usually when I air dry) they always appear in the middle of the back of my head in a perfect S shape.  I get so many comments and people always seem to think I am using hot irons to get the S pattern.  Nope.  It's genetic I always say...although I am the only one in  my family with waves.  Also, I have Type 3 curls along the nape of my neck that are mostly invisible but cause some knots.

Hairdressers are always telling me I have naturally curly hair.  Well yes, I do, but only at the nape of my neck.  Lorraine of Curly Girl book fame challenged me to wear my hair curlier.  Unfortunately that would require me cutting a lot of the length to free up the 3 curls at the back of my head and they would have to fight with the waves for dominence.

For now I am happy with my very long hair and I allow the waves to flow freely most of the time.  I do blow dry straight for special events but my waves are usually out there for the world to see.  :-)

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 29 2007 at 7:13am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2011 at 3:46am
My hair is type 0000... meaning have none.. what is with these 2b/2c...

That's just as bad as going into hardware store.  I need I need #8 tap.  32 or 24 thread?

What?

"You have to have a thread on the tap if your going to use it... 24 nor 32?"

"Oh, man."

"Guys... do girls have hair?"

"Yes," yes they shout out finally agreeing on something even though the snowblower is still keeping their attention.

"DO they have 2b or 2c."

"What?"

"IS that an exotic cup size--"

"NO!  It is some type of secret code that ladies have for knowing what kind of hair they have.  2B or 2C?

"I can see."

"Yah, I can see to... and what I like is what I--"

"I am talking about hair types, 2B or 2C?"

'How about both we even split it and put on the pile for our next game of cards?"

Sorry ladies... I don't think the guys would get this.

But you got my curiosity?  What?

Guys like me notice!
fadrickstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadrickstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2011 at 8:07am
However there is also a kind of hair loss that is caused by DHT or dihydrotestosterone. It begins when testosterone is present in both males and females  is converted to DHT by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic