Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how can i get my hair to look like her hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1979.brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1979.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how can i get my hair to look like her hair?
    Posted: May 30 2007 at 12:54pm
I have medium brown thick hair.  It's about 2 inches past my shoulder and layered.  I would love to get this look.  I love the loose curls, but every time I curl my hair it ends up looking too curly.  What kind of product can I put on it to make it look this way...I use a larger barrel curling iron to curl it.

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 2:23pm
Basically you need to curl it and then finger comb it out... it shouldn't be too curly then.  It should turn kinda wavey
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
1979.brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1979.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 3:00pm
Is there any particular product that works best when creating this look?
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 3:40pm
You can either use large roller but don't wrap the hair to tightly around them.

Or another way i have see but not tried is to coil it up a strand at a time and use a hair grip to hold it in place while it drys and then just brush it out after taking the clips out.  This takes a while so try this on a girls night in than before an important date.
CollegeBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CollegeBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 11:37pm
I've been pretty successful getting a similar look like this in the past by using hot LARGE velcro or velvet rollers (whatever I happen to have at the time). A spritz of a nonsticky hairspray, let 'em cool down a little and then finger pick them into place. They may or may not come out tight, but by using only a little hairspray they do fall into place on their own. Oh and if you use rollers, don't roll them granny style... do 'em sideways.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic