Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pastor Troy & Saddam Hussein Controversy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaveKingSup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaveKingSup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pastor Troy & Saddam Hussein Controversy
    Posted: June 01 2007 at 7:39am

Pressure From Retail Forces Pastor Troy To Change Album Title

No stranger to controversy, Atlanta rapper Pastor Troy has given hip-hop fans plenty to talk about in the past, via beefs with No Limit Records and Lil Jon. Today is no different, as the rapper is getting flack for the title of his forthcoming album, which was originally titled "Saddam Hussein." The title was causing an uproar among retail changes who began refusing to carry the album, prompting Troy and his label SMC Recordings to change the title to "Tool Muziq." "The Saddam title was just a metaphor for how I was comin' back for my sh--, hostile takeover-style," said Troy. "I'm gonna bring genocide to the rap game. It wasn't political or anything like that. I've got love for the troops, they've always supported me and I support them. So now I'm just gonna give'em Tool Muziq 'cause that's what this album is -- hardcore gangsta sh--."

Read full story online:
http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2007/05/2573/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic