Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly Girl - The Handbook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly Girl - The Handbook
    Posted: June 02 2007 at 8:28am

Curly Girl - The Handbook

What self respecting curly girl (or person for that matter) has not at least skimmed through the pages of this "curly hair bible"?

I actually have a couple of copies since I tend to lend mine out and they somehow never make it back to my library intact - or ever - for that matter.

This book should generate lots of talk because not everyone agrees with famous curly girl stylist Lorraine Massey's philosophies about caring for curly hair. 

There is no doubt that Lorraine practices what she preaches but it may or may not work for everyone.  Lorraine's book has helped to bring lots of needed attention to the challenges that curly girls face around the world.

Curly%20Girl 

Tell me your thoughts about this book.  Did you love it?  Did you hate it?  Or do you like what Lorraine has to say but have your own well-developed curl theories?

Edited by carrie - June 02 2007 at 8:34am
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 8:17am
 i am waiting  for my local libray to get this book back in i am  intrested in it (the buzz mostly) and wanna see if any of her 'wavey girl' tips work
jillipoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jillipoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 1:44am
I bought this book last week and my first reaction to the notion of never using shampoo was:  "Eeeewwww, gross!"  But I have been struggling with my curly hair for more than 40 years and I figured, what the heck, let me try this. 

So far, I am amazed.  My hair looks noticeably better already, and by all accounts that I've read, I'm supposed to be in the "trial" phase!  Seriously, I can see where continued use of conditioner only could result in hair I've always wanted.  The difference is extraordinary.  My hair has always been wavy/curly but the curls were rarely smooth (unless I needed to shampoo it!).  With this no-poo method, however, my hair feels softer and smoother -- and the curls are more pronounced and just downright prettier.

I'm sticking with this. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic