Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Perfect Foundation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinksalamander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksalamander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Perfect Foundation
    Posted: June 05 2007 at 4:22pm

I was wondering if everyone had any tips for foundation, powder and blusher. I can NEVER get this right. When i apply liquid foundation to my cheeks.. i just look smothered in.. well.. foundation. And then when i get hot in the day the red shines through my foundation and makes me look purple! I also have really dag circles around my eyes (due to dehydration). If i cover them up with concealer i just look sickly and pale. I also have dry skin.

It seems i can never win! Any tips or good foundations (im english) any one can recommend?
chiku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 6:13pm
Hey pinks i totally feel your pain, i write alot about finding the perfect foundation at my blog, mabey some of hte posts will help you?

www.youngchicandsocial.blogspot.com
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2007 at 4:08pm
The best store bought foundation I have EVER found and ADORE is Rimmel London's RECOVER. 
It is light, gives you GOOD coverage, blends well and doesn't melt off. It doesn't even feel like your wearing foundation.
I usually just put on a light weight powder. Cover Girl loose powder works, but I'm sure there is better out there and away I go.
It's wonderful. I wouldn't use anything else, it never gives you the MASK look,which I hate. I have the problem of foundtaion getting BLOTCHY, like getting heavy in one place and barely any in another. This stuff will not do that. I simiply apply with my finger, or you can use a sponge or whatever. I SWEAR by it.
~* Bambi Lee *~
x.spirit.x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x.spirit.x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2007 at 6:58pm
Have you ever considered ditching the foundation?

I used to wear it, but I used to get the "caked on" effect you seem to be having. Now I use a tinted moisturizer with SPF - by Benefit. It's so much lighter than a foundation, & gives you a natural tanned look so you don't even need to bother with bronzer or w/e the hell if you're looking pale!
The "moisturizer" part will help with your dry skin too. Also, it has SPF 15 which is an added bonus. I'd seriously recommend it.

As for blush, make sure it is the same colour as your cheeks go when they go red/rosy. They say this is the best way to find out the best blusher colour for you.

And - what style of conceler do you use? The stick-form one? A mousse one? You need to make sure you only apply a minimal amount & BLEND BLEND BLEND!! Otherwise, you'll end up looking pale.   

Edited by x.spirit.x - October 28 2007 at 7:00pm
bubbly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 11:27pm
I use a tinted moisturiser with spf 15 by Dove and I find that it is great when you don't really want to wear a lot of make-up but still want to look slightly polished.  I wouldn't recommend it though if you have oily skin.  I read somewhere that dark circles under the eyes can be caused from blocked sinuses.  Might be worth checking out :)
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:48am
How do you address the shine?  I've tried tinted moisturizer & bare minerals. (Which has worked well) But L'oreal liquid foundation is the best match for me but it gets shiny & hten wipes off if I use a blotting sheet...Thumbs%20Down
Blondie89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 6:27pm
Bambilee i use rimmel recover foundation too i love it Thumbs%20Up i only wear that one in the day as u cant even tell ur wearing it. In the night i use YSL foundation i LOVE it, its just amazing thats all i can say!

If you want to get rid of shine i suggest u get a make up base, i wear clinique make up base its in a little red jar, it feels really nice on ur skin. Theres another one aswell by NO7 which is really good that one is stronger than the clinique one!
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 9:22pm
Hi, I second the motion on tinted moisturizer..I use Wet n'wild with SPF 15.  Or, you can always mix things yourself.  Sometimes this works even better. Find a good color foundation you like, then mix a little with some light moisturizer ( any kind that isn't too oily ).

This cuts the 'mask' look and of course since you're mixing it yourself you can control how thick it becomes.  It's a quick fix, but it works surprisingly well.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic