Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Allergy To Glue Or Eyelashes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergy To Glue Or Eyelashes?
    Posted: June 06 2007 at 10:26am
Hey all,

I received a few emails from people asking if you can have an allergic reaction to either the glue or the hair that is used? One person told me that when she had eyelash extensions applied she got little red bumps along her lids.

Another person told me that she reacted to the eyelashes used?

Have you heard of this before?
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 4:41pm
I think given the chemicals in the glue that it is possible. When I was reading about the various glues available I discovered that most of them are made of inferior chemicals in China. However, there is a more expensive glue called Everlash, made in Germany, of medical-grade chemicals. I've smelled the cheaper products and they smell awful. And the removers made for them are harsh and state explicitly not to get them in the eye. With Everlash there is no smell and the remover (which works very well) is safe to get in the eye (although it does burn). I've got super-sensitive skin so didn't even want to mess with the cheaper products. Everlash adhesive and solvent are much more expensive than the other brands, but I've been using them for 5 months now with no problems.
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
bookbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 8:56pm

Yes it happend to me my lids were sore red I had to take them off the next morning I'll never wear them againAngryarms it was sooo painful!!!!

JamaicanVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamaicanVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 6:41pm

Which lashes did you apply, were they the flare lashes?

Alot of people are getting the flare lashes confused with the individual lashes, alot of stylist or the local nail salon are advertising $25-50 individual lashes but those are not the semi permanent lashes.

Sorry to hear about your eyelids... those people that are applying these lashes are gluing the lashes directly on the eyelid, that is why alot of people are having a bad reaction to the glue, in fact, when dealing with certified technician they are suppose to make you fill out a release form and have you check any allergy/medical issues you may have. Before doing your application you must have a consultation in order to prevent things like this from happening.

Lashes are to be applied to your lashes, not your skin, make sure your technican is certified to do lash extensions in the future if you ever decide to do them again.
http://www.fiercestyling.com
selmaqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote selmaqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2010 at 6:28am
I think it depends on the type of glue. The glues that come with most lashes are not as good as the ones sold separately. If you find a good one that lasts and does not cause irritation it is worth the investment buying that glue to use with all lashes.
The best place on the web for False eyelash glue!
haronbarkinson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haronbarkinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 9:59am
I have so many sets of eye eyelash that I can use a couple a day in a season without saying just one one! But after three several weeks, I recognized I'm really hypersensitive to the adhesive. Apparently it's the fat element to it. I have tried several manufacturers but to no acquire.

stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2012 at 2:01pm
I'm sensitive to anything that is abbrasive to my skin. I would definetly try somethiing else. 
richa121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richa121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 1:24am
Well I think it depends some may be allergic or some may be not.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic