Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can bleaching straighten one's hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dantesrevival View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantesrevival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can bleaching straighten one's hair?
    Posted: June 17 2007 at 11:48am
I posted this topic to the Hair Color forum, but it seems likely that people in this forum would be more interested in the subject. I hope my copying this post here violate forum ethics too much. Tongue

I have a friend who used to have really curled up and frizzy hair and when he bleached his hair, it seemed to become more straight-like: the curls were largely detangled and the hair seemed to grow closer to the head (less frizz).

Of course, bleaching won't make my hair straight straight per se, but it seems like it might make it more managable. You see, my hair grows "horizontally positively," meaning, it's not all that curly, but nevertheless super frizzy and it won't submit to any combs.

Any thoughts on the subject? Embarrassed
babygirl720 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygirl720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 12:29pm
No hair stylist or anything, but the only thing bleaching did for me is damage my hair beyond beliefe. lol. i never seen it straighten out but it could be true, when you bleach your hair you damage it a lot so much maybe it breaks down the natural structure of your hair?
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 10:00am
well my hair texture before i started coloring was fine, think and very wavey.
After years of coloring and bleaching my hair has lost all its curl. i supose you could say it is no chemically straight. about 6 years ago i cut it all off ( buzz cut ) and started over. as it grew out my curls were in fact still there but  i have since bleached and severly fried my hair and when air dried it is  damn near pin straight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic