Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

female balding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: female balding
    Posted: June 22 2007 at 10:59am
Hello,

I just found out that a friend of mine has pattern balding. I never noticed it before, but I can now. She has light brown/dark blonde hair and colors it blonde, and keeps it short like around her chin.

I had already told her about HF37, just mentioning that I was using it for hair growth.Is there any advice or supplements that any of you know of that I can recommend to her?

I suddenly feel very strange/bad saying anything about my hair.No matter what my complaint is, I am not loosing it. I have suddenly been humbled. 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
JB521 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 10:02am
A very good friend of mine had this happen with her a year  ago.....only hers was stress-related. Her hair came back in the 2 spots it was thinned/balding Alisa. She started Yoga, but as far as OI know took no new vitamins....I'll ask her to be certain and let you know what she says.

BTW.....do you truly feel that HF37 works? I've been contemplating ordering..
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 10:15am

Hers may be stress related, I know she has a small problem with anxiety. I love yoga! Also pilates, I have several dvds of it, I should start doing it again. There is nowhere to go to take a class here.

I have taken HF37 since november, and I feel it does work.I don't know about helping with any sort of loss. It is supposed to help make your hair thicker.I do think that there are alot of very good hair vitamins out there. I have taken others in the past. One perticular one happens to have more biotin than HF37. The reason I like the HF37 is because of the amino acids. There are alot in the HF37. 

I have read about biotin helping with hair loss. It is supposed to help make each hair thicker. But again , I don't know abut any sort of re-growth. It may just help with the hair that is left.

I also know that my friend has been having hormonal problems sence having her tubes tied.  
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
BunnyWabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyWabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 1:54pm
I've had some stuggles with mild hair loss due to chronic illness, I went from very thick almost coarse curly hair, to boarderline thin less curly silky hair. I've had MILD infact barely any improvement, from using biotin. I sought out a dermatologist (as part of a full work up to resolve my other health issues) - and I reccemend your friend do the same. In my case, there is little I can do other than keep the rest of my body healthy and wait for the growth cycle to begin again. In cases where the hair loss is 'scaring', regrowth is not possible, the only option is a transplant. 
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 10:41am
I recently had hormonal problems which caused my ponytail thickness to go from 7 inches around down to 5. I know it's still thick but as anyone who has had hairloss knows, it's never wanted! I've recently been put on a strong hormone blocker by my doctor and started doing scalp massages/brushing regimes and I have alot of new growth and some obvious hairline changes. Hope your friend finds something to suit herSmile.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 10:53am
Thank you all for your replies and thoughts. I know that she has gone to a dermatologist, and she told me that she basiclly has male pattern baldness.On the other hand, I also know that does have hormone problems, It makes me wonder if thge two aren't related somehow.

I am happy to hear that you are are on the road to better and thicker days.I could not imagine having thining hair. I have been dropping hair so much lately that I say I am "shedding", but after she told me this,any complaint I have about my hair,just went out the window. 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic