Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do I need to use anything with lets jam?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do I need to use anything with lets jam?
    Posted: July 02 2007 at 10:59pm
or do I just do the methods yall tell me?
I stay dipped
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 7:06am
You can use LJOT without any other products.  Here is my method for
application.

I use a generous amount of LJOT, because of its gel-like qualities.  Unlike pomade, which is petrolatum based, LJOT's main ingredients are water and mineral oil.  Water and mineral oil are volatile substances, which means they have an evaporative effect. 

Unlike pomade, when you put a volatile substance in your hair, that substance is absorbed into your porous hair strands and the residual amounts will slowly evaporate.  You should lightly dampen your hair before you apply LJOT.  This decreases the absorption of LJOT in to your hair strands.  After dampening your hair, this water will absorb into your hair strands, and this will leave less room for LJOT to absorb.  This allows  LJOT to appear more prominent in your hair, thus reducing the appearance of dryness and increasing the shine effect.

Brush LJOT evenly through your hair, with a soft or medium brush, and apply a durag and/or wave cap(s) for at least 30 minutes.

Edited by wave connection - July 06 2007 at 7:08am
DUB-C
trynagetdem360s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trynagetdem360s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 10:39pm
^^He's Riiiigggghhhhhtttt!!!!!!!!!Thumbs%20Up
Frm this
To This
twingotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twingotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 2:18am
Listen to WC. He's the LJOT poster child.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic