Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just a thought that worked for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a thought that worked for me.
    Posted: July 07 2007 at 7:56am
When I decided to grow my hair out I did "one" thing that seemed to work......I stopped using heat on my hair and it started growing like a weed.

Just thought I wanted share what worked for me. 

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 12:24pm
Yeah, heat will definitely kill hair. I am glad to hear it helped you.I can not use any heat on my hair what so ever, I have naturally very course hair that is on the dry end all on its own. If use heat maybe twice, it feels  practically like cotton candy.
Sooooo, how long is your hair now, and what are your goals?  
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 1:40pm
I never measured it, but it is about an inch past my bra strap.  I guess my goal would be to try and see just how long I can grow it before I'm sitting on it.....that's just to long for me.  I think to the waist would be good for me.  I'm tall so I think I can wear it that length.

How do you measure your hair?  
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 2:43pm
Well, I use a fabric measuring tape ( the kind used for taking your body measurements) and start at the front line, where your hair meats your forhead.Go over the top and down the back, holding both the tape and your hair with your fingers, measure where your hair ends.

I am tall also, so it is takking longet to get there, but it will someday.
I want to get to my tailbone. I agree, I don't want to be able to sit on it. Who knows though, when I get there, I might just change my mind.

If you go to the link under my signature, it should take you to my myspace where I have posted a current picture.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 5:38pm
I just measured my hair with the method you said and it measures 24 inches.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic