Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heavier oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heavier oil
    Posted: August 20 2007 at 8:58am
Huh, again, interesting. Thank you,Longhairdreams.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 4:50am

I mostly saturate the ends as they are the dryest,but usually run a little through the top to smooth it out.

Lets see consistency wise it starts out pretty soft even when cool.But melts down in your hands to a complete liquid form like nothing.Its very creamy and rich.Most everything else I've used has either been really thick or just felt super waxy.This feels more like a hair serum or leave in to me.

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 10:33am
UUUGGGHHH! I just re-read the ingredients in my jason co for the first time in a very long time. There are three cones! what Well, its a good thing I ordered the aubrey one.I had read it before, and only saw one. That was before I knew that anything ending in "ane" was also a cone.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 9:26am
Thank you Longhairdreams. How does it compare as far as consistency?

Kimbearly, I have to admit, after looking at the site, I became intrigued. Soo, I ordered the conditioner. I have been needing a new one for my second co anyway. I normally use jason co's but they have at least one cone, and I would like to stay away from cones.I use redken all soft for my last co, and it has two, so I like the thought of only have one conditioner with any cones ( and minimally at that). I don't like the way my hair responds to cones, its ok with one or two, but anymore, and it goes almost straight!

I also got the  white Camellia and jasmine co spray, try- me- out. And, I  also found a health store somewhat nearby ( almost two hrs) that carries the line, so if like it, I don't have to order online, just plan on one more store when we go to town.The store also carries the skin care line I use  ( mychelle), so I got kind of excited. I have not been there, but have driven by  it, so I know where it is.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 2:29pm
Do you put the red palm all over your hair or just on the ends?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 11:09am
Lets see I've tried EVOO(which is my second favorite,but definitly only works in my hair for deep treatments,Almond,Sesame,grapeseed(all three were unremarkeable in my hair), Pure shea(hair hates it,Pure jojoba(the same as shea in my hair),vegetable glycerin(only suitable as deep treatment diluted in honey),Ginseng miracle wonder 8 oil(which is a mix of lots of different things and oils-it might work but I cant stand the smell),And hollywood beauty olive oil(not bad and cheap,but also contains alot of extra stuff).

I have tried all these and in different ways.A couple drops on dry hair,on damp hair,deep treatments.But my hair has met its match with red palm oil.Its the only oil I can use on wet or dry hair,a little bit or alot.And my hair looks great for it.I wish i had bought it sooner.

I realize what works for one person might not work for another.Hence all my hair oil rejects,lol.But its definitely something to try.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 10:03am
Longhairdreams, what other oils have you tried before? I am wondering about your thoughts on the comparison of the red palm oil with other oils.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 9:17am

BTW

Don't  you just love the biotin?Clap I have been taking it for 2 months. On July 7 my hair  measured at 32, I just measured a couple of days ago, and it was at 34! cheerI had to measure a few times to make sure it was right.
And zinc, it really helps with skin problems!I still have a couple at the moment,due to female things, but they heal so fast, and when I am not pm sing, I hardly get any. I wish I had known about zinc for skin problems years ago! It could have saved me so much frustration!Confused
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 8:47am
Thank you Kimbearly. I think I might try it. I am a sucker for a good conditioner.Embarrassed
I wouldn't have known you were wearing a hair clip!!! It looks like your own hair to me.
But the way, I love your boy's hair. I have two myself, 9 and 10, and my daughter is 7.When my boys were little, I kept their hair long in the back ( my older son had my curls) and shorter on the top and sides.This past year, they have been doing the "really short,just long enough to spike the bangs looks" . well, untill we had a visit from my nephews the same age, anyway. My ten year old nephew had hair a little bit longer than your oldest sons. Now both my sons are wanting to have hair like him. Of course I like this idea!My daughter already wants to have hair to her feet, like rapunzel!LOL

Anyway.... sorry to be going on and on. We use alot of Jason products, but there are still some chemicals in them.So I think I might try to find some of the Aubrey line.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 8:23pm

Hi Longhairdreams - I love that name Smile  Your hair is growing in really beautiful and soooo shiny.  Thanks for the compliment on my hair.  I have to admit though, in that particular picture I am wearing a 4 inches longer clip-on extension piece.  Like you - I have long hair dreams and can't wait - soooooo I cheat Wink.  My hair has been growing like a weed though - especially since I have been taking 5mg of biotin twice a day.  In 6 weeks my hair grew 1 1/2 inches, so awesome!  I also started on the zinc like Dave mentioned.  I am hoping that helps my skin.

Alisa, I buy my products at our local health food store.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 10:34am
huh, interesting. Thank you. You have my curiosity peaked!Smile
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 10:48pm
Red palm oil comes from the rainsforests of central america.Like other oils its known for its excellent moisturizing effect for hair and skin.

I got mine from sephora.Mine is made by ojon.But you can buy red palm oil cheaper.I havent tried any other red palm oil besided ojons,but have heard the results are the same from other people.Ojons  1.35 oz jar is $21.But it has been lasting me forever.You literally only need a pea size.I warn you though the smell is strong.I dont like it in the tub,but once on it mixes nicely with my own body chemistry.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 11:47am
 Longharidreams--- I have never heard of Red palm oil. I have not looked for it though. Where do you get it?

Kimbearly, do you get it straight from the website, or do you go somewhere else?
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 4:10pm
I swear by ojon restorative treament.Its kinda pricey,but it really works.And the only thing in it is red palm oil.

I wish my hair liked shea,cause the scent is so nice.

(hijack) kimbearly:your hair is getting so long.It looks great.And your right your kids hair really shines.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 11:03am
From what I read on avacodo oil, because of the high antioxident level, its shelf life is around 1 yr. To add a longer shelf life, you need to add a higher antioxident.
It does have a slight smell, but it is very mild. The shea oil remindes me of something. Funny how our noses can trigger memories.Tongue

Kimbearly, I have wanted to try Aubrey Organics, I just couldn't figure out which one.They all look good. Thank you for the tip, it looks like a really good conditioner.

TomorrowPerfume, I think it looks like a good treatment. How much is in the bottle? At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I have thought of trieing that one also.I chose to go with the straight oil because the oil was so far down on the list.Not to mention I got it for around $5 for 16 oz. I use the avacado oil as a treatment like you would the burts bees, also like the friz-eaze from John Freeda. A little goes along way though.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
tomorrowperfume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomorrowperfume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 3:58pm
I tried a pre-shampoo wash from Burt's Bees, and it made my hair all soft and shiny - it's got avocado oil, olive oil, and a bunch of other stuff that probably contradicts all the good stuff in it:

Vegetable glycerin, olive oil, oat kernel protein, avocado oil, citrus rind cleanser, lanolin, tocopherol (vitamin E), nettle leaf powder, rosemary leaf powder, chlorophyll, fragrance

Is it worth the $9 I'd pay for it? You decide;
30 inches; 2a/M/iii
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 7:51pm
I love, love, love the Honeysuckle Rose conditioner by AUBREY Organics.  My routine is to wash my hair with VO5 extra body conditioner and then follow with the AUBREY.  It has many oils in the formula that my hair loves, plus I also use it on my boys hair.  We all have very shiny hairSmile
Here is a website listing the ingredients. http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1.cfm?product_id=351&cat=6&subcat=19
When I go swimming - which is everyday I soak my hair with tap water and then put a lot of the AUBREY swimming conditioner on, then cover with a swim cap (do the same with the boys hair too).  Afterwards I wash with the AUBREY swimming shampoo and then do my, VO5 and Honeysuckle. 
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 2:18pm

The last time I ordered avocado oil, I put it into a body butter immediately. Based on similar oils, I suspect that it needs to be blended with an oil that has a better shelf life, or it needs to be refrigerated to prevent it from quickly going rancid.

It also has this distinctive smell, one that reminds me of an oil I used to play with in the bathtub as a kid. Embarrassed

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 10:36am
Hey, Dave.

Yah, I like them both. Thay have very similar effects.Yesterday I ddi mix them together, about half and half.I think a little more of the shea came out, but baically  1/2 & 1/2. I am still having to get used to the heavier oils. With jojoba, I used a huge hand full, but a little more than a few drops with these oils is plenty.
Anyway.... Together they seem to be just as good, so I think I will keep it that way.I really like that the avacodo has the hightest sun screen properties of all natural oils.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 8:00pm
Hey Alisa, glad to hear the shea is working so well for you! (and the avocado too!) Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic