Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pulling hair back at night!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pulling hair back at night!
    Posted: February 12 2002 at 1:03pm
On the new tip today it says to pull hair back at night to relieve hair from stress and getting split ends in the back. Well, I went to the salon one time and they told me to stop doing it because it was breaking my hair. So which is right?!?!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
PinkPoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2002 at 1:07pm
I guess it really depends on how tight you pull back your hair. A couple years ago, I used to put my hair into a ponytail at night, and I would wake up with broken hairs on my pillow. It also made my scalp really sore! Occasionally, I do put my hair up at night, but instead of wrapping the ponytail holder around three times, I only wrap it around twice, and now my hair doesn`t break as much, or ache in the morning. Hope this helps!
Kate

Hair: It can make you happy, it can make you sad, but mostly it just allows you to spend some quality time with your mirror. :-)
SnowWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnowWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2002 at 1:21pm
I`ve been loosely french braiding my hair at night and sleeping on a satin pillowcase. It works very nicely.
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2002 at 4:46pm
I can`t french braid my hair though....
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
PinkPoodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2002 at 5:17pm
neither can i, but i do like the effect it has. sometimes i just sleep in a lot of different braids.
Kate

Hair: It can make you happy, it can make you sad, but mostly it just allows you to spend some quality time with your mirror. :-)
hairdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2002 at 11:31am
I always do my hair in pigtail braids (but low on my head) so in the morning it`s nice and wavy and shiny and...(drumroll please)...not broken!
~Hairdesigner~
longhairdud View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairdud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2002 at 1:42am
I put my shoulder blade length hair up in a braided chignon. It really helps, doesn`t feel lumpy on the back of your head, and creates a nice wavy look in the morning.

Kyle
tse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2002 at 8:08pm
I AM A MALE AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, THAT I HAVE LONG HAIR, HOW HIGH DO YOU MAKE THE PONY TAIL, CUZ WHAT IF I CANT SLEEP BECAUSE OF THE PONYTAIL GETTION ON MY WAY?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic