Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help...Pics Included

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help...Pics Included
    Posted: July 30 2007 at 9:07pm
Watz Up Everyone...I'm 16 years old, Dominican with good hair (supposedly curly...says my mom)...but I wouldn't kno cus ever since I was 4 years old, I've had a low cut. I take pride in it and at this age I now get a haircut every 5 days because I cant stand to be without a fresh cut and shape up. However, I've been longing for a change for a while...I tried waves and it didnt work out. Now I have a new goal in mind...growin my hair out long...real long.

Here's a Pic of my hair now (just got a hair cut yesterday):

And I want it to be at least as long as rapper J Kwon's hair is in this music video at around 2 minutes and 38 seconds (best example I cud find):

So...how long would it take me to grow it that long and what could I do with it in the meantime while its growing to stop me from grabbing a pair of clippers? Thanks for reading...any advice would be great.

Coming From Where I'm From
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 10:54am
Hello,and Welcome!

You will find loads of info here.

For motivation, I would say, just to keep picturing yourself with the hair you will have when you reach your goal.Tell yourself," I can do it!"
Take a mulit vitamin,if you don't already. Lots of protein will also help greatly.I take a multi, flax seed oil, cod liver oil, biotin and zinc, and when I can remember, I take a probiotic( beneficial bacteria, helps with digestion),And I eat tons of protein. But don't forget about your greens.TongueI hope this helps somewhat.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 9:03pm
also do a lot of excercise and scalp massage. that way blood can get to the cuticles to ensure faster growth. oh and don't use stuff with harsh chemicals such as sulfates those are bad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic