Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair and smoking !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VanillaIce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanillaIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair and smoking !
    Posted: March 09 2002 at 2:37pm
Hi, I don`t smoke, I think it is a horrible habbit but my Mom does and besides I am only 13 well I was wondering does the smoke around you damage your hair or if it you who smokes that damges your hair as I am seriously growing my hair ! Im going to measure it now !
0:)
Thanks for reading !
Dana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2002 at 3:55pm
Hi! Im 13 too... Ok that was irrelevant I just wanted to say it... Anyway I do believe it can damage ur hair... In any event it will make it smell like smoke... And also inhaling second hand smoke is bad because smoking in general can make hair grow slower and seconds hand smoke is really the same concept... I dont know about the hair thats already there tho
23 w/ waist length hair, I just love
mascara.
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2002 at 5:11pm
Nothing good can come from smoking. I read a report that said smoking is particularly harmful for teens because your body is still growing and changing. The 200 known poisons in cigarette smoke affect your normal development and can cause life-threatening diseases, such as chronic bronchitis, heart disease, and stroke.

The report also said the poisons in cigarettes can affect your appearance. Smoking can dry your skin out and cause wrinkles. Some research even relates smoking to premature gray hair and hair loss. If you are growing your hair out, avoid smoking.

We made our salon smoke-free some time ago. Why spend all that time, effort, and money on nice fragrances only to have smoke ruin it?

duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2002 at 1:25pm
yeah, I concede. Second hand smoke is not good for anyone, and can certainly smell up your
hair. Your mother is endangering your health. If she can`t quit smoking, she should at least do
it on the porch, and not in front of her family. Several people in my family: my father, my great
grandfather, my great uncle etc. have had serious health problem due to smoking. In a word, it
stinks! :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic