Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help please W/eye makeup Pic included

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
juliap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help please W/eye makeup Pic included
    Posted: August 07 2007 at 8:57pm
Hi,

My problem is I am not very good at applying makeup to my eyes and was wondering if someone could tell me how they would apply it to my eyes. I have enclosed a pic with my eyes totally makeup free sorry it looks so scary. Usually I just put some brown eyeliner on the top and halfway on the bottom. I can't seem to make my eyes look better whenever I apply the makeup my eyes just look smaller. You see how you cant see the lid above my eyes everything just seems to make them look dark and sunk in. I would like a real sexy smultry eye makeup that would make them stand out and look hot if thats possible. I know it can be done cause I had a makeup artist do my eyes once and she made me look awesome. There was not enough time to ask her how to do it though. I thought about going to the mall and getting them to do it. Do you have any recommendations where I could go to learn how to do it. Thank you for your help and if you give me some suggestions I will try them and post my results.

goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 5:07am
You do have pretty brown eyes which I think would look a lot more alluring with a very thin line of black liner underneath your eyes. Then I would apply a  very thick black lengthening mascara to the top & bottom lashes. I would do two coats on the top lashes - paying special attention to fanning the mascara brush out on the corner lashes to give you a more longer eye.

I think the brown is too wishy washy on your eyes. Don't be afraid to use darker makeup to bring your eyes out! There are makeup videos that you can buy online that show you step by step how to do  makeup.
http://www.planet-goddess.combecomebeautiful.htm/">My
Love coaching system, seduction secrets, pageant & celebrity beauty tips...
juliap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 11:54am
Thanks for the tips I will try them out.  Um my eyes are actually green though.  I will check out those videos that sounds really neat I never heard of that.  Thanks

Edited by juliap - August 15 2007 at 11:54am
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 7:22pm
so did you get it together did you try the links>?????????
juliap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 4:56pm
I did not see this post.  I tried some stuff but it did not work.  I have not looked for the videos yet.  I think when I get the time I am going to go get a makeover at a makeup counter and see if they can help me.  Someone at another forum suggested MAC was good.  I think I need hands on training. 
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 5:20pm
yeah, well they are supposed to be pretty good, after all they wear lab coats...lol
goodluck keep us posted.
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 8:49pm
I just saw this post and I'm hoping for an update!  Did you get the makeover and how did it turn out?  I've never had a makeover at a makeup counter but think it would be so fun!  Of course it's a great way to get some makeup application tips!  I also have trouble with getting my eye makeup perfect and I found some great tips on better.tv.  They have videos that show you how to get smokey eyes and how to apply eyeliner.  Very helpful!  
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 9:49pm
better.tv
thank you ma'am
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 5:27pm
It's an awesome site!  They have different channels with lots of interesting ideas and tips on everything from fashion to recipes to home remodeling.  I've found lots of great helpful hints on it.  
gojidog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 12:33pm
You have *beautiful* eyes! I think they'd look gorgeous with some soft light brown eyeshadow and some dark eyeliner. I think it'd really help that gorgeous green to just pop!
Grace
Goji Dog.com
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 1:26pm
what ever happened with he make over
bibe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2007 at 8:07am
This might be an option for you if you do not know which colors to pick. Almay Intense i-color

Some people have mentioned better.tv, youtube.com might be an option too for tips and techniques.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic