Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shikakai hair wash better than garlic for shedding
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shikakai hair wash better than garlic for shedding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shikakai hair wash better than garlic for shedding
    Posted: August 09 2007 at 5:51pm
Hey guys I recently did a shampoo with an herbal hair tea of shikakai and neem powder and I am hooked! It cleaned my hair and scalp without stripping the natural oils and the plus is that my shedding has been cut in half! I co-rinse and detangle either everyday or every other day and the shedding hasn't been bad but after the shikakai hair wash it has been even less. I was using garlic shampoo to reduce shedding but this is much more effective
Hair album
pw:Romeo
synthia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote synthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 6:05pm
I just recently tried shikakai too and I LOVE it.

Now, I can finally give up shampoo!

While also gently cleansing and conditioning my hair, Shikakai gives me way more bounce and body.  Tongue

I don't like the shikaikai soap though. Not as conditioning at all. Left my hair drier. No wonder the company doesn't list the ingredients. Angry

Edited by synthia - August 11 2007 at 6:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 6:29pm
I bought one shampoo bar and then decided to take it back to the store and exchange it because the color of the soap was pink and I thought about it and was like you know what shikakai powder is brown as heck why is the soap pink so I took it back and got a different brand. The one I settled on doesn't list the ingredients either but there was another brand there that did and basically it was a palm oil soap base with the added herbs (didn't like the wrapping so I didnt get it lol). I tested the soap first on a section of hair in the back and the hair felt good after it dried without conditioner. I washed my whole head with it today and I am in love! The brand it called Ayumix Shikakai soap w/neem and alma and the lather was nice and creamy and after I got of the shower I couldn't stop touching my hair it felt soooooo good. (Btw I pre-pooed with Vatika coconut oil). I think I am going to be like you synthia and give up shampoo because I love how my hair feels after this!
Hair album
synthia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote synthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 7:16pm
Ok. I found Ayumix Shikakai soap at VeggieGrocer.com
I'm going to order several ...since I feel weird just getting one for 1.99 and paying $8 for shipping. LOL.

If this doesn't work ....  You're gonna get it!

By the way, the soap I don't recommend is Swastik ...it was a deep red color.  I prepooed as well...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 8:00pm
OMG that is the one I returned lolol

http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/Swastik-Shikakai-Soap.html --->this was wrapping

I bought it because of the wrapping well thank God I returned it! I posted a pic of the Ayumix bar in my fotki it is several shades darker than the Swastik. I think you will really like it...let us know! Btw your hair is so pretty      
Hair album
synthia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote synthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 7:02pm
Thanks sweetie!
charmtreese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmtreese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 9:05pm

I use the swastik and love it, thats the only thing I wash my hair with other then ojon detox when I need to clarify.

http://public.fotki.com/Charmtreese/
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 11:28pm
I just got 300g of shikakai powder from www.hennasooq.com . I will be adding it to my henna mixes from here on out. I hope to have as good a results as you ladies have had. I also got 300g of rhassoul clay as well.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 8:23pm

I didn't have and ill effects from using the shikakai powder so i will continue to use it. Considering doing a herbal wash with the rhassoul clay next.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 1:28am
I cleansed my hair with the Rhassoul Clay and had great results. It cleansed very well and left me with a looser, curlier curl pattern. My hair was also thicker. I love it. It is definitely a keeper. I will wash with just the shikakai powder later.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2007 at 6:38pm
Hey Carmeldiva, I have used rhassoul clay to wash too and I love it, how did you like the shikakai powder?

Hey synthia how did you like the shikakai shampoo bar?
Hair album

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2007 at 2:45pm
I loved the shikakai- i mixed mine with amla powder, fo-ti powder and aritha powder and make a tea or a mix a paste. Great results either way.

Originally posted by blackhoney112 blackhoney112 wrote:

Hey Carmeldiva, I have used rhassoul clay to wash too and I love it, how did you like the shikakai powder?

Hey synthia how did you like the shikakai shampoo bar?
MalaJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MalaJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 2:16pm
This is a great post!  I have been using Ayurvedic remedies for my hair for a long time (www.afroveda.com) and I love using the Shikakai/amla teas for cleasing.  I was looking for something herbal that would provide some type of lather.  I think I'll order the ayumix shikakai soap, too!  Can't wait to see how it will work in my hair (which is natural).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 11:33pm
MalaJ,

I'm natural as well. Welcome to the club.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic