Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

everyone just BACK OFF! (not ya'll lolz)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: everyone just BACK OFF! (not ya'll lolz)
    Posted: August 13 2007 at 8:37am
hey well skewl's rigt around the corner n this is takin a toll on my hair.... first of all i ride the bus early in the morning when humidity is highest so i always come to school looking like a puff ball :[[....second alot of ppl (even teachers) are like "please do sumtin with that mess, how can you deal with all that, you need a relaxer blah blah blah and its really rude...... and third i love my hair ina pony but i have a reallly big forehead and am considering bangs but am scared cus curls and bangs don't mix so i andyone could post pics of people with 3a-3b curls with bangs i wud really app it...... and when i do have my hair good everyone keeps touching it even when i tell them not to...... ugh i had to ran/vent bye Ouch :`[[

Edited by SugarCube - August 13 2007 at 3:43pm
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 6:28pm

Thats right, just tell them to BACK OFF!! It is your hair and you have the right to wear it anyway you want to! And as for touching, maybe keeping it over your shoulder, or actually putting it in a low side pony will discourage any wondering fingers from exploring where you would really rather them not go. If that does not work I would just simply state that while you apreciate their compliments ( touching someone else's hair has got to be a compliment IMO), you would really appreciate it if they kept their hands OFF!

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 7:56pm
thnks Alisa... this one girl had the audacity to purposely ruffle/rub my already messed up hair and LAUGH..... i was soo mad i told her off and everyone around got quiet cus usually i'm th happy go lucky gurl.... i guess that when school comes around i'll ask them nicely the first time and if they persist i'll go phsyco lolz
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 2:19pm
Girls can be so mean! I woudn't do school again for anything!
Eventually they will get the point, just keep telling them. They will learn not to mess with your hair.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 3:24pm
yea i kinda feel sorry for her bc alot of people don't likeher cus of her pessimistic attitude. i am determined to walk into school the first day with my long curls and strut them..... besides did i tell youEmbarrassed(BOY GAB ALERT LOLZ) ther's this guy i like and i found out he likes me too and he said he LOVED  my hair natural and that means alot...... hopefully we'll start going out cus he's a real sweetie and intellectual ( and not that bad looking lolz) its fun talking to you Alisa :]] write back lolz cus i don't know what to tell him cus i want to tell him how i feel but am too shy.... then there's the fact that he's in High school and i'm in middle (only 1-2 years no bigge he's a freshman and i'm in 8th) he's such a good person its not even funny lolz.......... sorry i LOVE  talking about boys lol if you haven't already noticedEmbarrassed
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 7:09am
Good luck with the boy!  He sounds nice.  Don't be shy, being shy just lets the good ones get away because someone else will grab them!  I was always shy too and I know how hard it is to think of something to say, but its so much better if you talk to the guy, really!

I knew this girl when I was in high school, she had her hair permed to a 3a or 3b, and she had bangs, but she always kept them swept to the side and at cheekbone length (past her eyes).  She kept them out of the eyes to the side, and it looked good with them longer (because they curled up shorter).  So, that's something I've seen that looked good, (but personally I don't know if I could have stood it, I hated my bangs longer than my eyes and always just wound up pinning them up because they annoyed me.). 

If you want to know how bangs will look on you, get the ends of your hair and hang them over your forehead at different lengths (you can even pin them that way and wear it under a hat).  Frankly though, I remember the picture you posted a long time ago and I don't remember a big forehead, just a pretty girl, so maybe you are worrying about it more than you need to if you don't want bangs anyway.  

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 9:48am
If you like the guy, and you think he likes you, things shoud happen naturally. Just make sure to build a friendship first.

I absolutley agree, you should "strut your stuff"! You have worked very hard to get where you are and deserve the right to be proud!Clap

As for bangs, I like Susan's idea. Try taking a small section, and pinning them up to see what you think.If you do decide to cut, start small, you can always ad more later, but you can't undo it( besides waiting for them to grow back out).

I had bangs my entire life until my first son was born when I was almost 20.I decided to grow them out. When my daughter was born ( 3 1/2 yrs later), I got post pardum deppression, and cut my bangs.badday (why is our hair the first thing to suffer when women get upset?). I really regetted it. Having curly hair, I had to blowdry, or curl my bangs everyday bacause I had one side that curled under very nicly, but the other would curl straight up towards the sky! It was very frustrating. bash

I had three kids in three and a half years, so I didn't have the time to do my bangs everyday. You might find it doesn't bother you. Just be prepared to spend more time on your hair, and if you don't like the curls going every which way they will, be prepared to possibly heat style them, possibly with products.
Just a thought to hopefully help you decide. I would hate to see you cut them ,and then be horrified with the results especially right before school starts.

Edited by Alisa06 - August 15 2007 at 9:51am
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 9:54am
SC I just re-read your first post. What do you normally do for the humidity? Have you tired using any butters, or mabye aloe vera gel? I haven't tried the aloe vera ( i keep meaning to, just keep forgetting),  but shea butter works pretty good.

Edited by Alisa06 - August 15 2007 at 9:55am
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 11:17am

Susan:  it means alot that you said that it made my day (i'll try to be more outgoing but it'll be hard lolz i'll just suck it up blue_bandanablurt it outpukenot like that tho lol  and hope my face doesn't look like a burnt tamale lolEmbarrassed) and i tried the pin up and ive decided to forgo my bang idea cus i look kinda like Annie lolz just without the red hair

Alisa: i've been meaning to get my hands on some aloe vera as well i've read about it and i'm a sucker for natural products. i'll tell you how it works out....... can u use aloe straigh from the plant thoidea? i've wondered cus usually ppl just use the edible kind
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 11:41am
Huh, interesting thought. I don't have an aloe plant. I have tons of other house plants, so I am surprised I don't have one. I wouldn't see why you couldn't. But I am not for sure. I think it might just be way more work to go get the gel out. I need to put it one my list for the next time I go to town. I am in a  small town at least an hour from any sort of good shopping.
 We have a Safeway, and a Harvest  foods but both of them do  not have a very good selection of anything, and the prices are way jacked up because it is a tourist town. The only aloe they have ( I checked) had lidocaine in it to help with pain after a sun burn. I actually have that, my middle son has my husbands coloring which is blond hair with blue eyes,( my husband jockes and says that he is albino, which he is not, just german and danish) LOL and they both burn very easily. Anyhow..  I don't think my hair would like lidocaine.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 11:29pm

Yes, you can use aloe straight from the plant.  But like Alisa said, it'd be alot of work, probably more than it's worth. (to me anyway)

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic