Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair help pls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hustle-and-flow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long hair help pls
    Posted: August 16 2007 at 8:48pm
i wanna have a long hair das very straight and thin right now my hair is very veyr puffy and thick the back goes to about like 2-3 inches below my neck and the front of my hair da forehead part when its pull down it goes to my top lips and the side it jus cover my ears but the top of my hair is very puffy and very thick how can i make it like very thin and have a long hair type cuz my hair is starting look like mullet
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 11:40pm

It sounds like you're at one of those awkward "growing out" stages.  I've never been there myself because I've always had long hair.  But from what I understand, the best thing to do is just endure until it grows longer.  You might try gel or some other type of styling product to help it not be so puffy.

Is your hair natural curly or wavy?

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 12:50am
Originally posted by hairbraider hairbraider wrote:

It sounds like you're at one of those awkward "growing out" stages.  I've never been there myself because I've always had long hair.  But from what I understand, the best thing to do is just endure until it grows longer.  You might try gel or some other type of styling product to help it not be so puffy.

Is your hair natural curly or wavy?

its straight im a chinese male its not like super puff its jus very thick like the top is like so high but how can i make it like soft but long
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 8:13am
The longer it gets, the more it will lay flat.  The growing out phase is difficult, but you will get there.  You might try oiling it to help weigh it down.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2007 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

The longer it gets, the more it will lay flat.  The growing out phase is difficult, but you will get there.  You might try oiling it to help weigh it down.  
yea right now by hair goes flat when its wet but i hope when it gets longer it will get flat maybe i need thin it out or something?????? cuz i got to much hair underneath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 1:17pm
i hope it will stay flat cuz everytime i wake up it goes so messy and the top like kinda raise up.... and my hair is not short its maybe like 8" all overaybe more
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 3:45pm
Have you tried any product on your hair?  I agree with hairbraider and try some gel.  I would not get it thinned out though, because once it grows longer and gets heavier it will look awesome nice and thick. 
Can you post a picture?  We love to look at pictures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 10:30pm

no i dont use any hair product i use to use clay when my hair was shorter but now my hair is kinda thick the side just slightly cover my ears and the back goes like 4" below my neck if i get it thin out wat will it look like oyea i do have pictures but i dunno how to post it

Edited by hustle-and-flow - August 20 2007 at 10:31pm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2007 at 12:23pm
Many people use this site:  http://photobucket.com/register.php

I haven't used it but it appears to be free to register and upload your photos, then you will have to paste a link to your photos here.  (I don't know if you have to share your password for others to see your photos, you may want to check first).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2007 at 2:38pm
i dont like that site any idea i could post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Kimbearly Kimbearly wrote:

Have you tried any product on your hair?  I agree with hairbraider and try some gel.  I would not get it thinned out though, because once it grows longer and gets heavier it will look awesome nice and thick. 
Can you post a picture?  We love to look at pictures
argh damnet i forgot say i dont like thick long hair i wan like very thin and long how can i do that?
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 3:30pm
OK, trying to help you here.  I found some photos of Asian men with different hair styles.  Maybe you like one of them - maybe not.  My advice is to do a Google search for Asian styles.  If you find something you like go and take it to a hair stylist and he/she can help you achieve your goal. 

To find it - go to the left hand side of the page, then go down to the third catagory.   

Edited by Kimbearly - August 22 2007 at 3:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Kimbearly Kimbearly wrote:

OK, trying to help you here.  I found some photos of Asian men with different hair styles.  Maybe you like one of them - maybe not.  My advice is to do a Google search for Asian styles.  If you find something you like go and take it to a hair stylist and he/she can help you achieve your goal. 

To find it - go to the left hand side of the page, then go down to the third catagory.   
i dont really like those japanese hair style i want like long hair like johnny depp cuz people said i look like him well kinda
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 8:50pm
Here you go:  I am out of ideas for you after this.  Hope you find what you are looking for.
Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 2:51am
wow thanks kimberly i like that first picture of johnny depps hair do u know how long my hair need to be to get that hair cut
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 4:27pm
Johnny Depp
For his look at The World Premiere for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Johnny's hair was cut into a chin length bob and left in its own natural waves to add a masculine look to his 'do. His hair was also cut solid for added weight through the very ends. This is a great hairstyle for an oval or square face shape.
1: Apply Mousse
Apply styling
mousse to damp hair, using your palm as a measuring guide, and evenly distribute it along the hair shaft. Styling mousse will add hold and can help achieve better results.
2: Part The Hair In A Zigzag
Using the corner of your comb,
create a straight part and then place your comb at the hairline and drag it through your hair, crisscrossing from left to right as you go. When you reach your crown, lift the comb up and then split the hair to each side, pulling it down to reveal your zigzag part
3: Comb Your Hair
Comb your hair
into the desired direction that you require for styling.
TIP: Once your hair has been combed down, allow your hair to dry naturally.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 5:55pm
ty kimberly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic