Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oh my goodness does short hair age!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh my goodness does short hair age!!
    Posted: August 17 2007 at 9:32pm

I have a friend of mine,whom I have known for several years now.She is a little over 10 years older than me. I am not for sure exactly, but I know that she is at least 40. She is almost my hair twin ,as far as thickness and curl pattern, but she is a dark blond in color, and her hair was longer than mine. Well, until recently. I saw her at the beach today, and her hair is shorter than her shoulders ! I could not believe it!Shocked It was soooo gorgeous!!!

Before I always thought she looked really good for being around 12 yrs older than me, but now IMO she definitely looks alot older now. I always thought shorter hair aged people, but this was a huge point proving, awakening moment for me.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 10:28pm
If you look at the few other subject boards it seems like long hair makes you look young and short makes you look old debate has been around for long time. I guess by seeing it with your own eyes. It is just another that just prove that longer makes you look young.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 4:01pm
     IMO, most women can look pretty good with the right short hairstyle for them. And a few even look better. But, to keep my comment positive, I can think of numerous women right now who have turned back the clock with length, even a little in some cases. Moreover, some of them have elicited a "Whoa!" in my mind for the first time. Have I been responsible for subtly goading a few of these? Hmmm...! (lol)
     As a rule, I agree with a comment I read a while back. "What do you call an average looking woman with flowing, long hair? "Beautiful!'" And I think that's true at any age. Blessings, Bob Approve

Edited by Bob S - August 20 2007 at 4:09pm
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 4:03pm

That's it - I am never cutting my hair again.  The fountain of youth is not in a bottle - it's on your head - LOL. 

spelling edit

Edited by Kimbearly - August 20 2007 at 4:04pm
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 7:01pm
I guess she cut it for a "locks of love", and pantene deal that went around here.I actually got hit up to cut my hair for it! When it came up there were about three people eyeing my hair! I almost felt like a piece of raw meat being watched by a pack of wild lions.Shocked Of course I quicklyset them straight and let them know that there was no way I was cutting my hair.whipI even tried to explain the whole locks of love scam thing, but no one would listen.

I think it was such a shame.

And I agree Kimbearly, it totally reinforced in my mind what I have thought to be true for some time now.  
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2007 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

pantene deal that went around here..  

i have to say this because i love animals and nature and can't stand to see them destroyed. PANTENE TESTS ON ANIMALS!!!! bannAND NO THEY DO NOT HAVE NICE FUR ALL THE TESTING CAN SERIOUSLY HARM AN ANIMALS HEALTH..... THE CHEMICALS ARE NO WHERE  NEAR WHAT THE END PRODUCT IS.... PANTENE SHOULD BE ASHAMED TORTURING ANIMALS LIKE THIS JUST GOOGLE IT IF I HAVEN'T MADE THIS MONSTROSITY CLEAR!!!!!!!

Sorry to have such a long rant i am just appalled at what modern society has classified as " humane civilization" stuff like this makes me MAD!!!!Angryarms
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2007 at 6:59pm
All I have to say is I am glad I don't use pantene. I haven't for years now, My scalp had horrible reactions to it, Now I don't because of all the cones in it.
I did not know though, that they tested on animals.furious Thank you for the info SC. It makes me sick to think what humans do to animals in the name of beauty.Dead
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 1:13pm
yur welcome Alisa.... i am just disgusted about how one can look into an animals suffering eyes and feel nothing... it takes an evil persondiablo imho to torture an animal like that and to think all this is legal is just appalling
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic