Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie. Want ideas for wifes hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bobfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie. Want ideas for wifes hair.
    Posted: August 23 2007 at 9:45am
Hi all...newbie here.

My wife wants her hair cut into a bob Smile but can't decide what sort of bob.  She likes Kristina Lenkos style but thinks it's a bit long.  She wants it shorter at the back but not buzzed too much at the nape, if at all.  Can anyone point us to some good pictures she could print out for the stylist which are similar to Kristina Lenkos or if anyone has any other ideas as to what she could have done, please let us know.

Thanks in advance for your help.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 12:12pm
My wife has gone thru the same thing.  Here are some photos that she took to the stylist....

She really liked this one above...

These are Victoria Beckhams that she really liked....

The following are the end result...i will have to say, i like it alot and she wants to get it cut shorter in the back then next time...

Edited by conrad - September 04 2007 at 2:18pm
bobfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 5:19pm
Thanks for the ideas, they're just the sort of thing she's after.  She likes the idea of it being shorter at the nape so a couple of those appeal to her.

Thanks
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 7:09pm
No problem, if you can, post some before and after picks.  expecially if she gets it cut shorter in the back.  My wife would love to see how it looks shorter.  When you can see a pick of the shorter hair on someone, not a model, it makes it easier to visualize on her.

Thanks and good luck!
wear it short View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wear it short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 2:04am
hi everyone i am new here, i am thinking of getting a cut like this. My current style is a sholder length bob and i am board of it. I have been thinking about jaw length at the front and shorter at the nape, but it would be a big change. Has anyone got any more pics or ideas, i am off to the salon on friday.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 8:38pm
Here are some for you to look at.....

bobfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 4:40pm
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Conrad.  Thanks so much for the ideas. She hasn't got round to having it cut yet as she's waiting for the sides to grow a little longer so she can go for the angled bob.  She's growing the sides as it was cut above the ears before.  Thankfully her hair is almost there and it's just down to her how she wants the back. She's hopeless at describing things and that's why she wants a good quality pic to print out and show her stylist.  It seems so hard to find pictures of this cut from the back so your pictures were much appreciated.  She likes a couple of them but is still searching in case she finds anything better.  If anyone else can point us in the right direction for these sort of pics it would be greatly appreciated.  I'll make sure that when she finally gets it cut that i'll post a pic of it for you all.

Thanks
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 5:35pm
Hey, go to the following site and click on Short on the left hand side.....

Also try...

This one you can search by celebrity....

Which ones did she like and i can post others similar to it....if i have some.  I most likely do.
bobfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 5:59pm
Thanks Conrad...she likes the 1st 2 you posted.  Any more like that would be great..thanks
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 11:11am
Here are a few more

Here are a few more.  What specifically did she like about #1&2?  It appears she likes the buzzed/shorter back and longer front?
bobfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 3:30pm
Hi Conrad

She likes it short at the back, not buzzed too much though.  She's growing the sides due to her having it cut over the ears before and the sides are now about 1" below the ears.  She wants it angled from front to back or to have an arch put in the back.
micene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 8:31pm
i love bobs!! they look so glamorous!! but i dont think it will suit me Unhappy... or what do you think?? there is a post in this section so you can help me!! thanks!!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 9:55am

If you can, post a pick of yourself (blur the face if you feel uncomfortable) so we can see your face shape and hair texture.  That always helps.  There are several experienced people here that can make that determination.  I am not a hair stylist by trade at all.  Just a person who has collected short hairstyle picks for my wife for when she got her hair cut.  I continue to look for new styles for fun.

Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic