Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI-tip hair is NOT meant for fusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I-tip hair is NOT meant for fusion
    Posted: August 29 2007 at 1:38am
I wanted to clarify the difference between stick hair and keratin tipped hair for any newbies getting ready to buy their products for their first time:

I-tip/Stick Hair is meant NOT for fusion. This type of hair is meant to be installed with microlinks (or microtubes, links, hair locks, shells, locs, shrink tubes etc..). It has a VERY small amount of keratin on it just meant to hold the hairs together in a nice tight tip (which looks like the tip of a shoelace). There is not any extra bond or keratin on I-tip hair for it to be installed via fusion.

If you want to install pre-tipped hair using the fusion method you will need to buy "keratin-tipped" or "U-tipped hair". I just read a post about fusion falling out and it was because they were trying to attach I-tip hair via fusion. There is not enough bond on I-tip hair to install it this way. U-tipped/keratin-tipped hair comes with enough bond on it so that you can melt it with an extension wand, roll it into a little rice-like shape, and then let it cure into a nice hard bond.

Here's a little visual for ya:

This is Keratin-tipped/ U-tipped hair and what it looks like installed:

Here is a picture of Stick/I-tipped hair and a few exampels of how this hair looks when installed:

Now that I've said that, let me say that it is possible to install I-tipped hair with fusion but ONLY if you plan on adding more keratin or bond during installation. Some people find great deals on stick hair and then choose to use keratin glue sticks and a glue gun to install them which will work great. You can also use keratin chips, rebonds etc, hot pots & keratin glue sticks, etc...

The main point is, there is NOT enough bond on I-tip hair to install it with fusion unless you plan on adding more of a bonding material during installation.

I hope that helps clear things up for anyone who was confused. 

Edited by Cali-Kristin - August 29 2007 at 1:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic