Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why do wefts have short hair at the top?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
disasterbarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why do wefts have short hair at the top?
    Posted: August 30 2007 at 3:08pm
I'm really curious about this.
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 3:31pm
Thats the hair that is left after tying it to the string/s.
Like, you have to have some hair overhang or it'll just slip out.
^..^
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 3:42pm
It's called the beard.. It's the foldover when the hair is wefted..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 8:04pm
Has anyone figured out why Wagman's wefts don't have a beard?

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 8:12am
I understand why the beard needs to be there however its probably my biggest complaint about wearing wefts as those little hairs can kind of poke and itch near the scalp. Its not terrible but noticeable. The hair Im wearing now is very fine so its not too bad. Im wondering though if the hair was courser, would it become unbearable?
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 7:14am
Beard is a newer term. In the past they were always called returns.
Don't know how they keep the hair on the strings without a foldover.. Maybe tight bonding glue?

Edited by mokipono - September 02 2007 at 7:15am
disasterbarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 11:18am
That's a good question krimsa. I hate how the "beard" (thanks ladies!) feels. It really can feel itchy sometimes.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 11:52am
Originally posted by mokipono mokipono wrote:

Don't know how they keep the hair on the strings without a foldover.. Maybe tight bonding glue?

Hi Moki..

I actually heard it referred to as a "register" but I am not sure that was just specific to the vendor I was talking to. 

I actually like the term "beard".  It is very descriptive. 
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by mokipono mokipono wrote:

Extensions Plus still uses this term..Tongue
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 5:08pm
I have also heard it called the 'turn around'
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 6:36pm
I like beard also because it looks like a little beard lol. As the wefts loosen and move down from new growth it can become more noticeable and scratchy. But when compared with bonds it doesnt seem nearly as bad to me. Bonds bug me a lot because there is so many of them and I always want to play with them and pull at them when they grow out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic