Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Check out this braid!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check out this braid!!!
    Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:28pm

Check out this braid I found! I am going to try it on my hair!  I have been French braiding since I was 5, and lately I have become quite bored with regular old fashioned French braiding, so I have been looking into medieval and period braiding. My poor daughter, LOLshe  has become my guinea pig! Thankfully, she loves the pictures I show her on line!

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:39pm
Just beautiful.  I can't wait to see it on your daughter's hair.  Good luck!
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 9:29am
Wow, that is amazing!  I would love to try it, but since my daughter cut off all her hair Unhappy, I would have to figure out how to do it on myself!

31"!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 6:42pm
Your daughter cut her hair?! I am sorry. Cry Mine cut her new growth in the front of her widow's peak, the beginning of school last year, and my husband told her that if she ever did it again, he was going to shave her head! She hasn't done it since. She really wants to grow her hair out, so it was a very scary threat to her.
I am hoping she has enough hair, if not I am just going to have to figure it out on my own head. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow, and I wish I had found it before, so I could where it then. oh, well.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 7:38pm
I like that one too.  My sister tried it on me once a few years ago when Mary first added that pic to her site.  My hair thins out alot towards the ends so it didn't look as cool as hers.  That would be totally awesome to wear that style to a wedding!  You could even weave some tiny ribbons through it for an extra fancy touch. marriage
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 8:15am
i love it!!!!!! hairbraiders thing about the ribbons is a awesome idea!
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 3:05pm
That would look pretty!  My cousin wore a braid sort of like that for my first wedding, she had ribbons and tiny flowers woven through.  It was great.  I'll have to see if I can find a picture--these were the days before digital! LOL

My daughters hair was a couple ofinches past BSL, and a couple weeks ago she spent the weekend at her dad's and came back with it around her collarbone.  It looks cute, but still...

31"!!
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 7:44pm
I love french braids.  I just don't know how to do it on my own hair.  I really think it would be a good quck way to do my hair
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Lickalime Lickalime wrote:

I love french braids.  I just don't know how to do it on my own hair.  I really think it would be a good quck way to do my hair

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 9:45pm
I have been braiding my hair quite a bit lately, but mainly just the top portions to keep th from out of my face. I still haven't tried the braid mentioned above,  I have been very busy lately. One of these days I will get bored!
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic