Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I hate this stupid curly hair!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate this stupid curly hair!!!!
    Posted: October 26 2007 at 12:47pm
My curly haired friends either use products to tame their curls (gels and such) or else they take the time to straighten it.  I know that matrix makes an entire curly hair line which a friend of mine uses.  If you plan to straighten I would definitely blow dry straight by using a brush and find a good straightener to tame it afterwards.  I know straightening can be a long process but if you do it in the evening it will still look great the next morning!  There are also some tips for straightening hair and how to define natural curls on the bed head style guide.  That might be something to check out - http://www.bedheadappliances.com/

Good luck! 
Msl8y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msl8y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 5:34pm
I try to tell people about "going CG" before they do anything harsh to there hair.
The first thing to know about goin CG is you don't need to use shampoo on your hair.  I know what your thinkin " if I don't use shampoo my hairs gonna be greasy", but this is a very common misconception. Curly hair is naturally very dry. Conditioner has some of the same cleaning agents that shampoo has. That's what makes it dry. You can "scrub" your hair with the conditioner as if it was shampoo,then rinse it out. Then you condition it as you would any other time you were washing it. I went CG about a year ago and it has help my hair tremendously!! It has made it softer and a lot less "fly aways " and it helps to keep down the "poof". LOL! I was so excited when i tried this and it started to work for me. It helps after about 2 to three weeks. Hope I helped
<*>I'm so glad it's back!<*>
Oh!_My_curls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oh!_My_curls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 5:44pm
Thanks, I'll look into that..
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 11:44am
Girls Girls Girls

I always been recommending my curly hair friend to get the MaxiGlide flat iron to tame that wild hair.

Is awesome. It seems to be the only flat iron to work for even Kinky hair.
Use it with straighting balms and anti humidity products.

Yo wont believe how curly and frizzy my hair is...now I am happy that I discovered that flat iron, after so much money drained down the toilet wit so many other flat irons, and products.

Good Luck girls!!!
angsaff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angsaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 10:32pm
Oh my - I feel for you!   I have also been "blessed" with a rats nest!!  I hate it.  I really dont know what to tell u.  I am also looking for help here but it seems like people only "view" posts here.  I rarely get a response that helps me.  

Good luck!
Oh!_My_curls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oh!_My_curls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 10:44am
I've had hick, curly hair ever since I was born...I've  had the hardest time with it ever since then! The only thing that I can do with it is put it in a ponytail and go. But, I want a change!! I either want to start straightening it or find something that will enable me to wear it down without it going crazy. Please help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic