Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lighten dark brown hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenn4dex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn4dex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lighten dark brown hair
    Posted: September 18 2007 at 11:01am
I tried to lighten a strand (thank goodness I did the strand test!) and my dark brown roots turned orangy, strawberry blonde instead of light brown? I did the computer test and it said if you start with brown hair, a dark blonde should lighten it a bit.  Well why did it go orange? SO the only way to get light brown hair from brown is with bleach? But I don't want to do the whole highlight thing again? I go to a salon and I come out with white ash hair? I give up!
chancebrown06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chancebrown06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 2:50pm
Just leave ur hair along it great as it is you can't lighten dark hair with out it turning orange unless you use bleach which damage you hair 10 time more then hair dye and dry it out /make it fizzer please just leave your hair along
worldsaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldsaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 3:00pm
you tried to lighten it too many stages.  you can only go 2, MAYBE 3 shades lighter w/o using bleach.  YOu also may need to up your developer volume. Which volume developer did you use?
Jenn4dex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn4dex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 4:25pm
It was a stupid Clairol nice and easy box.  It was dark blonde which said it woudl take medium brown and turn it light brown.  Liars!  Anyways I  put some toner on it to take out the red and it looks a little better. It's just a small spot.  I forgot, I NEED BLEACH to take it up a notch.  But isn't light brown BEFORE the red color? I don't know what color it turns first, but I don't really want blond highlights? I wanted some caramel color on teh roots.  I am thinking it's impossible to go from brown to caramel?
chancebrown06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chancebrown06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 5:53pm
That is impossible babe leave ur hair along think about it
natural shine it will be more soft style it with gel if you want a different look
and go on with your everyday look
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic