Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I go blonde or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Smil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I go blonde or not?
    Posted: September 26 2007 at 4:19am
I'm new here and have done a fair bit of reading before deciding to post...
I currently have light brown hair which was dyed not too long ago (light browny shade) and my natural colour is a light brown, slightly blonde shade. I am now considering going blonde, an ash light blonde that is and was wondering if I would be able to achieve this without going to a salon. I tried bleaching a small section of my hair and managed to get it pale yellow without any trouble and it is not in bad condition whatsoever. Should I continue on with this or just not bother? I have done a fair bit of research on this but am not confident....  If i were to bleach all of my hair to the recommended pale yellow and then put a permanent blonde dye over it (ash blonde dye) would I be able to achieve my desired colour?  ..Confused
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 7:10am
Your strand test would seem to indicate that you should have no trouble achieving the light ash blonde you desire. When you check a strand to see if you have bleached enough put a white towel under the strand so you can see if you've lightened enough more effectively.
You'll love being a blonde. It is definitely worth all the effort and upkeep.
Smil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 2:43am
Thank you for the help Jojo.
I'm hoping to do it sometime next week.
Would've liked to get some more replies but nevermind I suppose.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic