Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brittle breaking hair....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
StephW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brittle breaking hair....
    Posted: September 28 2007 at 5:21pm
I went to my dermotologist today and was told I have 'brittle' hair and need to use gentle salon products for my hair........which I need advise on.

Background.......I have naturally curly friz prone caucasian hair which I often pull back wet into a pony tail (which can be my problem). (Hair type 2C)  I have been losing LOTS of hair due to breakage. I only color my hair maybe twice/three times a year. For the past few weeks I have been using Redken Extreme Anti Snap shampoo & condition plus the leave in conditioner. I have also used twice in the last month the Redken Fuel Protein treatments and I really haven't seen much help as of yet.

I am wondering if I am using the right products and would love some suggestions ~ Thanks ~ Steph
kinkycurlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinkycurlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2007 at 7:27pm
Well if I were you I would stop coloring my hair.  You also want to make sure that you are using products without mineral oil and/or petrolatum.  Mineral oil has another name too.  I forgot though.  You can find it out if you google it.  These dry your hair out.  Don't use heat or chemicals on your hair.  Now deep treatment once a week.  I sometimes use mayo and olive oil.  It sounds gross and smells weird, but works wonders.  I would also not wash your hair more then once a week.  If you need to wash use conditioner only.  Shampoo has a sulfate and it dries your hair also.  Let me know if this helps.
www.fotki.com/bmli111
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic