Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

deleted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Slipknothartgir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipknothartgir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: deleted
    Posted: October 12 2007 at 6:08pm
I'd for sure listen to Worldsaver about color.From what all I read, she knows her stuff! anyways, good luck!
worldsaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldsaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2007 at 3:32pm
I use Quick Blue bleach from Sally's.  For toners, I use permanent color. I like to use Miss clairol because their base colors are online http://www.clairolpro.com/dispensary/swatches/mc_swatches.html

I had light yellowish hair & used 34D hazy mist in med blonde for a while. I thought it would cancel out all the yellow tones & it did, but i wasn't too fond of that color--too ashy.  I used a 20 vol developer because i wanted less color deposit.  I wanted that cool blonde, but I think it was too much.  I switched to a neutral color base in light blonde and like it so much more!  I used 10 vol dev. since it was a lighter shade

The good thing is the perm. color only lasted me about 2 wks before I needed another color.

it's hard to tell what the overall color will be from a strand test.   but hopefully you will find what works.

let us know how it turns out!

Edited by worldsaver - October 07 2007 at 3:34pm
XoNikchick04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 1:04pm
deleted

Edited by XoNikchick04 - November 19 2007 at 6:51pm
worldsaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldsaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 7:13pm
yes, I'd definitely do it in steps so you can get an even color.  I'd even break your roots up into steps because it can be time consuming ( like just do the front sections, then wash & do back sections etc).  Some people use a bottle to apply, but I was always afraid of overlapping, so I use a smaller brush, like a toothbrush for my roots! it takes freaking forever!

I have short hair like yours and found that the spots I always miss or don't coat as heavily are the middle parts, so they end up a little darker.  make sure you focus on those too.

and yes, your roots lighten much much faster, so I'd do those last after you have the rest of your hair the color you want. I found if I had orange parts, if I put the bleach on roots when the previous orange parts were a dark yellow, those spots & the roots lightened to the same color at the same time.  so that gives you an idea of how much faster the roots lighten.

are you using 20 vol bleach?  it takes longer, but does much less damage.  It took me about 56 min to bleach my med brown hair to a pale yellow (and a little more than half that for my roots)  Get some plastic clips & actually clip up sections so you work with only one section at a time.  It really does help.  You'd be surprised at how much hair you have to cover once you get in there

Hope that helps!
Good luck!

Edited by worldsaver - October 01 2007 at 7:15pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 1:04am
deleted

Edited by XoNikchick04 - November 19 2007 at 6:51pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 1:02am
deleted

Edited by XoNikchick04 - November 19 2007 at 6:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic