Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update
    Posted: October 06 2007 at 3:03pm
Well guys, long time no see! wuts up with yall? Hows hair going? well i just came to tell my new goals and feel free to write yalls too.

Goal- Waist
Intermediate goals
bsl (when curly

Goal- less split ends
How- ease up on the comb

Goal- Use less products
How- idk lol
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2007 at 10:41pm
Hey guys!  Seems like it's been a while since I've posted here as well.  I'll go ahead and toss in my goals.....

goal - top of my thighs (about 40") when pulled straight
how - remember to take my vitamins bash lol

goal - get back into my normal routine
how - short of quitting my job, i'm not sure

goal - find a good conditioner without spending a buck an ounce
how - searching and trying new products

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2007 at 11:30am
I think allot of us have not been posting like we normally do. I know for me it has been because school has started for my kids, and preschool for myself. This year, I have two classes, so I am pretty busy.
Anyway, hear are my goals:

goal- to have my sides hit my waist. The back is almost there,
          but the sides are at bsl.( they have come along way from not
          staying behind my shouldersConfused) This may take a while.
how- like Hairbraider,I need to remember to take my vitamins everyday.
         I also need to practice patience.

goal- remember to put it up once in a while. I was doing allot of French   
          braiding in the beginning of sept, but have gotten to busy.
how- take the time to have fun with itClap

Patience is a big thing for me at the moment. My hair grew 2 inches in on month a in Aug,and then seams to have stopped. I have been sick, though. I have had a bad sinus infection for going on 6 weeks (I have sinus problems allot, and I get one every year around this time)Ermm So I keep telling myself that is most likely why. As well as the stress of going from doing nothing but hanging out at the beach to full speed ahead everyday. I normally am a very patient person, bit it hard to watch your hair grow. I just quit measuring it, and will start again when I am healthy.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2007 at 6:03pm

goal - 36 inches by June - my cousins wedding

how - keep up with hair vitamins and brushing to stimulate my roots and keep using my jojoba oil brush on my ends

goal - to grow out my bangs and layers

how - again, keeping up with the vitamins and giving myself a scalp massage when I wash my hair with my super yummy JASON Biotin shampoo

Edited by Lickalime - October 08 2007 at 6:03pm
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2007 at 10:26pm

hey OMG Alisa ME TOO!!!!!!! i live with tissues in October and November lol.

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 9:08am
Yeah, sinus problems are the pits ! I feal like my yeyes are going to explode most of time.bounceI had gotten rid of the problem ( I normally have 3-4 infections sending me to the dr's a year), I thought.But I guess I did not. Oh, well. I just need to watch my diet closer, I hade been cheating a lot. Suger, and refined flour products makes is worse, so I have been staying away from them.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
tomorrowperfume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomorrowperfume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 10:29am
I've got the same sinus problems, so I'm hoping that's why I'm not seeing any growth. Although, just like Alisa said, a watched pot never boils. It seems like the two or three years that I just didn't pay attention to my hair, it grew like a weed, but now it seems to crawl along or not grow at all! Aaargh!!

Goal - Fingertips (omg I don't know how long that'll take...)
Intermediate Goal #1 - Longer than my boyfriend's... I almost want to take a pair of scissors to him while he sleeps Evil%20Smile
Intermediate Goal #2 - Tailbone
Currently - Waist Length... and it took forever to get there
How? - maybe eat right, get enough sleep, all that boring stuff that people in their twenties never find the time or willpower to do :( and if I could afford it, I'd buy those vitamins and supplements that everyone else seems to be taking, but I'm budgeted

Goal - straight, healthy, shiny hair
Currently - alternately straight and wavy, full of split ends, and dead dry on some days, grossly oily on others
How? - continue experimenting with different hair care products and perform a S&D; maybe I should use serum when I flat iron *^_^* OH I want one of those Jojoba-oil infused brushes from Goody
30 inches; 2a/M/iii
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2007 at 10:14pm
the jojoba oil brush is awesome!

I am having surgery next week.  for the first week after my surgery I am on an all liquid diet.  for 6-8 weeks following that I am on a soft food diet.  my mouth is going to be temperature sensative so nothing hot and nothing cold and I wouln't be able to bite into anything or chew anything.  I'm wonding what this is going to do to my hair?  I know I'm going to have a not so great diet going on and I really don't want my hair to stop growing due to lack of nutrients

I guess it won't be the end of the world if my hair doesn't grow too much in my recovery time, since it almost winter and hair grows slower in the winter

I'm nervous.  but I am going to stick to my goal of hair to my waist and bangs to my shoulders by May or June
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2007 at 10:54pm

goal - To my waist ( 30 inches)
how - I need to take my vitamins and have patience. I still need almost 5 inches to get there :( I have this bad habit of measuring my hair almost everyday lol

goal - Start taking hairtopia again .
how - saving money !

goal - prevent split ends and dry  hair
how - I dont know . does anyone have any suggestions ?

AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 1:41am
My hair is almost 34.5" now

Intermediate Goal #3 - Tail bone (36") Should reach it by the beginning of 2008.
Intermediate Goal #4 - Classic (about 41")
Final Goal- Mid thigh/fingertip (about 48")
How - Just let it grow. Don't trim as much. Maybe more scalp massages.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 6:40pm

hey guys see ya'll been updating.......... omg i can't wait cus by next year i'm gonna have waist length hair as long as i don't do something stupid...... omg you know what was annoying, now my family donate money for cancer and someone asked if i could donate hair and i said no i already donate and they were like how could you be so selfish blah blah blah. ugh ignoranc bc i DO donate. oh wellers lolarabia

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 8:35am
Jojoba brush!  I hadn't heard of this!  I bet that would tame the flyaway halo without adding anything at all!  I wonder if Goody is perusing hair forums for ideas, that would be excellent - maybe one day they'll make a brush with good thick plastic bristles no little plastic peely balls on the ends of the bristles like they used to sell for 2 bucks and I can't find anymore.  Mine is so broken I've been using only the bristle part for 5 years because I can't fine a new one....hint, hint, jab, jab.....poke.....

My goal for now is to wear it up and quit looking at it.  I don't like how I can't seem to get it past bsl with the ends looking good, and it always looks like it needs to be cut back to bsl.  My photos of it don't look that bad, but when I see it in the mirror I don't like it. 

If I can get over that, my goal would be tailbone, and we'll see how it goes if it can go longer and I still like it.

Lickalime:  I'm sorry you will stuck getting surgery and on a liquid diet.  Cry
Good luck to you.  Your diet shouldn't suffer if you can be sure to blend up everything that will give you a good diet and drink it.  Milk and orange juice mixed together and room temperature is actually not as bad as it sounds (providing you like milk).  You can blend lots of things together to make smoothies.  You can make salty smoothies for your veggies, and add herbs or spices to make them taste better (nothing spicy hot of course, for your wounds), and you can make sweet smoothies out of fruit.  You may want to look into a protein powder to add to some of them...they make some that you add to your food that are unflavored.  Sorry I can't recommend one, I drink a protein shake, but mine is really not good unless its very cold. 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2007 at 5:26pm
omg lickalime i just read your post and i hope you feel better!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic