Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair Long Whens it's Usually Puffy...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alex R. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing Hair Long Whens it's Usually Puffy...
    Posted: October 23 2007 at 3:37pm
im a guy and i thought id try growing my hair long (like to shoulders) because im sick of it being so puffy all the time!!! my hair usually grows "outwards" and kinda gives me lika a dome if i dont do anything to it. right now im resorting to wearing a beenie for most of the time to keep it straight and flat, but its almost summer here and its getting too hot to wear it anymore. my hair is also really dry. i thought maybe i could put a little sunflower oil in it to give it some weight?

back on track to what i wanted to ask. will my hair continue to from an afro or will it get weighed down as my hair grows? so far ive seen no weighing down and its been growing for like 6 months...
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2007 at 9:09am
There is a chance it may not weigh down much once it hits your shoulders, you may need to go a little longer than that, but it may, it just depends on your hair and everyone's is different.  Its worth a shot just to see.  If nothing else, you will soon be able to fit it into a ponytail. 

Try the oil, it may help. Other good oils for hair besides sunflower are jojoba, coconut, or mixing jojoba with shea butter.  You probably don't need a lot, only one or two drops spread all over it.   Another tip: Don't brush it when its dry, only comb it gently with a wide toothed comb (preferably one without seams on the bristles) when its wet, then not again after its dry, this can help reduce extra frizz.  True, hair is more delicate when wet, this is why you must do it carefully.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic