Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Blond highlights on newly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Blond highlights on newly
    Posted: June 12 2002 at 10:16am
Hi all,

I just had my hair highlighted at a salon and I am very unhappy with the results. I ended up with very little to no blond highlights, and I specifically asked for chunky blond highlights. Here`s my question, can I have blond highlights (professionally) added to my hair on top of my newly "highlighted" hair and get good results and not risk damaging my hair?

Here`s the background - I`ll try to keep a long story short. . .

Prior to my resent "highlighting" I had brown hair with blond highlights (not natural) and I decided I wanted to something different and go blonder for summer, so I went to the "Master Colorist" last night and told him I wanted CHUNKY blond highlights in addition to what I ready had.

He foiled and colored my hair, saying he was alternating blond highlights with brown lowlights to make the blond stand out more. After he removed all the foils, he did some kind of "glazing"(?) rinse over all my hair. Well, now I`m left with pretty much just all over light brown hair and no real blond highlights. I politely told him my dissatisfaction and he was not at all helpful (and kind of rude!). I do not what to go back to him to correct this - but I do what my blond highlights back! Hence, my above question. . . can I have blond highlights added to my hair on top of what I ready have and get good results and not risk damage?

Thanks much for any help anyone can offer!

roxxi74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxxi74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2002 at 5:39pm
I`m no expert, but I would think it depends on the type of hair you have. If your hair is pretty strong, it can probably withstand another highlight without doing too much damage. Is your hair pretty healthy right now?

I have the type of hair where blowdrying damages it, but I`ve still highlighted it twice within the same week because I didn`t like the results. I would say you would be OK!

BUT... my guess is that you paid alot of money for this so called "Master Colorist"... and even though you don`t want to go back to him, I would suggest you do because you paid alot of money for something you`re not happy with. That`s his job, and it makes me mad that he was rude to you!!! I went through the EXACT same situation and my hairstylist immediately told me to come back in for two free deep conditionings and she`d redo my hair at no charge. It`s totally up to you, but that`s what I would do... and then never go back to him again.

Good Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic