Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Took me a good year and a half

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ally_needs_help View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Took me a good year and a half
    Posted: November 03 2007 at 3:25pm
It took me about a year and half to get to this stage from shoulder length:

Unfortunately excessive hair dye, hair straighteners and an extremely powerful hairdryer has caused the ends to frazzle and split, so I'm going to get at least an inch cut off next time I visit the hairdresser. It feels disgusting, lank and dry. I feel really sad, it's nearly the longest I've ever had it. Cry
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2007 at 10:41pm
Ally look at the bright side you are not going to get a major cut. Looks great by the pic you posted. Maybe just maybe there is something you can use like a hot oil treatment that might make the damage less.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2007 at 7:38pm
Hey Ally,

That's amazing growth in a year and a half!  And your hair looks great, all the way to the ends! Thumbs%20Up

Good luck with the trim... do you have a stylist you can trust to trim no more than you want?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2007 at 6:57am
Aww thanks. Smile Towards the ends it really is quite brittle! It's the naturally softer more delicate hair which grows near the temples which is in really bad shape. I have to say though, I haven't used a hairdryer for about a week and the difference is amazing. I'm only ever going to use a hairdryer and straightening irons if it's really necessary from now on!  

I do actually really trust my stylist and she never pushes me into getting a style I don't want like many others do, so I'm lucky in that sense! 

Oh and my goodness DaveDecker, is that your hair in the pic you have at the bottom? What amazing hair!  

Edited by ally_needs_help - November 05 2007 at 6:59am
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2007 at 7:47pm
Yes it is my own hair, Ally, thank you!  The static is courtesy of a plastic children's playground slide. LOL  Good to hear you have a trustworthy stylist -- they are hard to find.  Hang onto her.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2007 at 6:02am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Yes it is my own hair, Ally, thank you!  The static is courtesy of a plastic children's playground slide. LOL  Good to hear you have a trustworthy stylist -- they are hard to find.  Hang onto her.

A playground slide? Haha, that's brilliant! LOL

I've had the chop:

She actually listened to what I want! Very very very good hairdresser.

Edited by ally_needs_help - August 11 2009 at 12:58pm
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2007 at 8:39pm
ally your hair is amazing and with that much growth in a year &a half, im sure your hair is going to make a quick comeback. GOD Bless.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2007 at 10:11pm
Wow You will have it back to your pre cut lenght in no time.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by ally_needs_help ally_needs_help wrote:

A playground slide? Haha, that's brilliant! LOL

Merely an accident; was not expecting the static electricity to be generated, but in retrospect I should have expected it.

Anyway, Yay, happy to hear the salon visit went well!  It looks like she trimmed about 2 or 3 inches?  Beautiful results.  How long do you want it to be?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 1:50pm
Thanks guys. Big%20smile

I'm hoping to grow it so it's just above my waist. I will never have it shorter than it is now. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic