Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dyeing Hair Red

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyeing Hair Red
    Posted: November 13 2007 at 8:38am
I would love, love to have my hair dyed red.  I have tried red highlights twice, and all they do is fade after a couple of weeks.  Does the type of shampoo/conditioner after dyeing hair really matter that much or is it possible that I just have hair that won't "accept" (for lack of a better word) red hair color?

BTW my natural hair color is dark brown if that helps.

Thanks! Smile
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 4:48pm
Shampoo/conditioner doesn't really matter that much, unless you use a color depositing shampoo/conditioner. Red is the hardest color to remove from your hair and the hardest to keep from fading.  Maybe you should consider bleaching your hair to the "red stage" (see link below) and then using the red dye...might work better. 

Good luck and I hope this helps...

Rebekah

PS you could use a toning mousse to keep the red in between root touch ups!

Check out My Hobby Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5372710
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 1:54am
Yup red fades fast on everyone,it's not just you. I agree with Rebekah.And if you do go red,getting a good color depositing shampoo will help alot to keep it from fading out on you. I used ARTec (I think it was called cherry bark) and it worked awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic