Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Emergency:  Need Help fixing Daughters hair color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Emergency: Need Help fixing Daughters hair color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Momof6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Momof6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emergency: Need Help fixing Daughters hair color
    Posted: November 15 2007 at 12:50am
Ok, I have to admit this isn't one of my best decisions in life.  Couldn't find semi-permanent or spray color for Halloween night....so used Permanent hair color to change my Daughter's beautiful blonde hair to jet black (she loves it by the way).  So tonight I used a Loreal Haircolor remover kit, then a Loreal Feria Hi-lift Coolest Brown haircolour gel.  The problem is the remover kit was real difficult to get on evenly, so she came out of that with a variety of colors, then the color came out a deep auburn with stripes of lighter red and stripes of black.....we have a major family picture next week........need to do something....I hate the outcome and feel so bad...luckily she is totally happy with it......she's 8....I guess I'm lucky she's not 16.....that could be REAL BAD....Desprately needing help!!!
Chelle69
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 1:50am
I've seen others recommend a product called COLORZAP (that I think you can get at a Beauty supply store) on here that's supposed to be good.

After that,you'll have to dye it another color,because that calico looking stripes wont go away without being dyed over.

The bad news is,I'm not sure if you'll be able to get her hair back to blonde without bleaching it....When my hair was black I had to bleach it twice to get it out,and after that my hair was like straw.

You may be able to get away with a light brown color.Then maybe down the road she can get highlights and you can just let her natural color grow out. Cuz I'd be scared to put bleach on an 8 year old's head.
Momof6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Momof6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 2:02am

Thanks!  Maybe I should go to Sally's and ask about the "Color Zap" stuff.  I agree, I don't plan on bleaching it, just gradually going lighter and maybe adding highlights until it grows out.  She looks good with short hair, so after I get rid of the stripes and get a livable color I want to go get it cut to try to maintain some health in it.  Thanks again for your suggestion....!!

Chelle69
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 3:46am
Your welcome,I hope it works out for you both. At least she is young and her hair will grow fastWink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic